Amine 500mg Injection
Amine 500 MG Description
Amine Injection is an antibiotic containing amikacin as its active component. It is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections. It alters the protein synthesis of the bacteria, interferin
g with its replication and growth, further resulting in cell death. Amine Injection is given in healthcare set up under supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
Uses of Amine 500 MG
Contraindications of Amine 500 MG
- If you are allergic to amikacin or other components of the injection.
- If you are allergic to medicine from the same class (aminoglycoside antibiotics) if you are not sure about which are these medicines ask the doctor.
- If you suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition characterised by muscle weakness and fatigue.
Side effects of Amine 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Injection site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Amine 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may experience an allergic reaction.
- You may experience side effects after taking Amine Injection.
- You may develop vision loss after administering the medicine.
- You should stay hydrated while on the medication.
- You have kidney disease and a hearing problem.
- You have a muscular disorder such as Parkinsonism.
- Amine Injection should be used cautiously in premature and neonatal infants.
- The medicine is known to be toxic for the ears, kidneys and brain. Patients need to be monitored closely while on treatment with the medicine. Discuss with the doctor about signs and symptoms.
Mode of Action of Amine 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amine 500 MG
- Amine Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Amine 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Amine Injection works or Amine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially about other antibiotics, immunosuppressants, water pills, muscle relaxants, medicines used for bone diseases and certain supplements.
Storage and disposal of Amine 500 MG
- Store at a cool and dark place.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Amine 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What all things should I discuss with the doctor before taking Amine Injection?
Q: What are the uses of Amine Injection?
Q: How is Amine Injection given?
- Omnikacin Injection [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Amikacin 250 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 29 May 2021]