Amex 500mg Capsule
Amex 500 MG Description
Amex Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections like infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin as an ac
tive ingredient. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Amex Capsule or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective treatment. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
- Mokcan 500mg CapsuleBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 80.27₹ 80.27₹ 8.03/Capsule
- Esoxycin 500mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 72.00₹ 61.21₹ 6.12/Capsule
- Blumox 500mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 110.00₹ 7.33/Capsule
- Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 123.48₹ 104.96₹ 7.00/Capsule
- Mox 500mg CapsuleBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 123.48₹ 104.96₹ 7.00/Capsule
Uses of Amex 500 MG
- Amex Capsule is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
- It used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
Contraindications of Amex 500 MG
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or other components of this Amex Capsule.
- Having a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor.
Side effects of Amex 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Amex 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease then dose adjustments are required.
- People with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Amex 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amex 500 MG
- Amex Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- Avoid overdose of the medicine.
Interactions of Amex 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amex Capsule works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Amex 500 MG
- Store below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Amex 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Amex Capsule safe to use in pregnancy?
Q: What is Amex Capsule prescribed for?
- Novamox Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]