Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets Description
Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tab contains a combination of Glimepiride and Metformin, an anti-diabetic medicine.
|You Save||₹35.39 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)
12 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
- Gluconorm G 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 262.40₹ 223.04₹
- Glador M 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 238.50₹ 202.72₹
- Glimixia M 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Wings Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 91.00₹ 91.00₹
- Exermet Gm 502mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 174.24₹ 148.10₹
- Glimy M2 Tablets 15`sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 217.50₹ 184.87₹
- Glisen Mf 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 233.65₹ 198.60₹
- Carbophage G2 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Merck Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 116.74₹ 99.23₹
- Glucut Mt 2mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.40₹ 68.40₹
- Timer 2 Er Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Times Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 120.00₹
- Euglim M 2mg TabletBy Bayer Zydus Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 85.00₹
Uses of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
This medicine is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone is not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately.
Contraindications of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine
- If you have had heart or lung failure, recent incidence of heart attack and shock
- If you are alcoholic.
Side effects of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
- Metabolic disorders: weight gain, low blood sugar level which can cause headache, sweating, nausea, wet skin, anxiety and restlessness
- Stomach disorders: vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of taste sensation, metallic taste and stomach discomfort (pressure and fullness)
- Heart disorders: High blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, chest pain (arrhythmias)
- Skin disorders: Allergic skin reactions like rashes, itching, red bumps on the skin and sometimes hair loss, in case of progressive skin allergy, inform the doctor immediately, it might lead to shock
- Eye disorders: Temporary visual disturbances
- Blood disorders: Changes in blood cell count, anemia
- Others: Difficulty in breathing, decrease in vitamin B12 levels alter brain function and light sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
Can I take Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tab during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to use this medicine during pregnancy as this medicine may harm your unborn baby
- If you have diabetes and happen to be pregnant, your doctor may shift you from this medicine to insulin injections
- Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
Can I take Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is advisable not to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it may harm the baby
- Consult your doctor for more information on the use of this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tab?
- It can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
Can I consume alcohol with Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tab?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works
- Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose...
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test which involves injection of iodine
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake
- You have suffered through trauma
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future
- You have serious kidney and liver problems
- You have thyroid disorder
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- This combination is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone Glimiperide lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from pancreas
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
It should be consumed as a whole without chewing or crushing with a sufficient amount of water with food.
Interactions of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), Steroids, Chloramphenicol, Fenfluramine, Fenyramidol, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicine to treat depression (Fluoxetine), medicine to treat blood clotting like Coumarins, Cyclophosphamide, Miconazole, Probenecid, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, Ofloxacin etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pill, Phenytoid, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disorders...
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar...
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pill, Enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine
- Medicines used to treat thyroid can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a dry place
- Protect it from moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Amaryl M 2mg 10 Tablets
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to severe hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis (Excessive lactic acid build-up) & (low blood sugar)
- This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy)
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- Missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, fruity smell from breath etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
- Carry fruit or low calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking double dose
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose ...
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- Amaryl 1 Mg Tablets 30 S
- Amaryl 2 Mg Tablets 30 S
- Amaryl M 1 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Amaryl M 2 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Amaryl Mv 2 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Amaryl M Forte 2 Mg Tablets 15 S
- Amaryl Mv 1 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Amaryl M Forte 1 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Amaryl 3 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Amaryl Mp 2 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.