Amaryl 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Amaryl 2 MG Description
Amaryl Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glimepiride as its active ingredient. It is used for lowering the blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise al
one are not able to control your blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilises sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar that can further lead to serious health conditions. Amaryl Tablet it works by increasing the amount of insulin produced in the body and thus lowering elevated blood sugar. Take Amaryl Tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹35.39 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Type-II Diabetes Mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, headache, weight gain, hypoglycaemia|
- Truepride 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.23₹ 48.6563.58% CHEAPER₹ 4.87/Tablet
- Glimda 2mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.23₹ 45.7865.74% CHEAPER₹ 4.58/Tablet
- Glimed 2mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 45.5065.97% CHEAPER₹ 4.55/Tablet
- Glimp 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy German Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.73₹ 49.5162.98% CHEAPER₹ 4.95/Tablet
- Glador 2mg Tablets 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.84₹ 72.9663.65% CHEAPER₹ 4.86/Tablet
- Glusens 2mg TabletBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.00₹ 48.4563.72% CHEAPER₹ 4.85/Tablet
- Prichek 2mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.23₹ 48.6563.58% CHEAPER₹ 4.87/Tablet
- Gleam 2mg TabletBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.00₹ 48.4563.72% CHEAPER₹ 4.85/Tablet
- Olglimide 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Olcare Laboratories Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.50₹ 58.5070.83% CHEAPER₹ 3.9/Tablet
- Gp 2mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.23₹ 48.6563.58% CHEAPER₹ 4.87/Tablet
Uses of Amaryl 2 MG
Contraindications of Amaryl 2 MG
- If you have an allergy to glimepiride or sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Amaryl Tablet.
- If you have type1 diabetes.
- If you have the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Amaryl 2 MG
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Amaryl 2 MG
- Amaryl Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving and in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios....
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice....
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Amaryl 2 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells then use it as fuel for energy. In type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream....
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Amaryl 2 MG
- Amaryl Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amaryl 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amaryl Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- These medicines along with Amaryl Tablet can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose levels: fluconazole, aspirin, antidiabetic medicines like metformin, insulin, warfarin, ramipril, lisinopril, allopurinol....
- These medicines can interfere with Amaryl Tablet and cause an increase in blood glucose: oestrogens, progestogens, diuretics, levothyroxine, rifampicin, glucocorticoids, chlorpromazine.
Storage and disposal of Amaryl 2 MG
- Store at room temperature in a original package
- Keep our of the reach of childrens and pets
Dosage of Amaryl 2 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Amaryl Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Amaryl Tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Amaryl Tablet?
- Glimcip tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 May 2021]
- AZULIX Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- AMARYL 1MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- AMARYL 2MG TABLETS 30'S
- AMARYL M 1MG STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- AMARYL M 2MG STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- AMARYL MV 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- AMARYL M FORTE 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- AMARYL MV 1MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- AMARYL M FORTE 1MG TABLET 15'S
- AMARYL 3MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- AMARYL MP 2MG STRIP OF 20 TABLETS