Alzex 0.25mg Tablets
Alzex 0.25 MG Description
Alzex Tablet is a prescription medication used for the short-term management of several mood disorders. Managing symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and anxiety in persons with depression a
re some of the uses of Alzex Tablet. Alzex Tablet has a single active ingredient: Alprazolam. Mood disorders like anxiety or panic attacks occur due to overstimulation of the nerve cells. The mode of action of Alzex Tablet is by balancing the chemical substances in the brain. This results in slowing down excessive brain activity and relaxing the overworked nervous system. The proper dosage of Alzex Tablet helps relieve the symptoms of mood disorders like fear, anxiety, behaviour problems, etc. Tiredness, sleepiness, dry mouth, weight gain and loss are some of the side effects of Alzex Tablets. Pregnant women and those planning to conceive must inform their doctor before starting treatment with this medicine.
|You Save||₹3.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Anxiety Associated With Depression|
|Side effects||Dry Mouth, Fatigue, Change In Sex Drive, Memory Problems, Changes In Appetite, Difficulty Concentrating, Weight Changes, Balancing Problems, Suicidal Thoughts.|
Uses of Alzex 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Alzex Tablets are used in the following conditions.
- Immediate or short-term management of the symptoms of an anxiety disorder (resolves symptoms such as restlessness, irritability, tiredness, problems with focusing, etc.)
- Treatment of panic disorders like panic attacks (helps with calmness and improves cognitive abilities)
- Short-term management of anxiety in patients with depression.
Contraindications of Alzex 0.25 MG
Side effects of Alzex 0.25 MG
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
- Balancing problems
Precautions and Warnings of Alzex 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You've a history of lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- You're an older adult over 65. These tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in this age group.
- You take medication for fungal infections.
- You've withdrawal symptoms like agitation, sweating, tremors, nausea, and confusion. The dose of texidep tablets needs to be slowly tapered.
- You're planning to have a medical or dental procedure.
- You've a history of seizure disorder and are under antiepileptic medication.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You use oral contraceptives.
- You use herbal or Ayurvedic medicines and vitamins or supplements. Some of them can interfere with Alzex Tablets and cause adverse effects.
Mode of Action of Alzex 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alzex 0.25 MG
- Take Alzex Tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Alzex Tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Do not take Alzex Tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Alzex Tablets; this can result in adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Alzex 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Alzex Tablets and antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine can cause increased side effects.
- Do not use Alzex Tablets with antihistamines (allergy medicines), opioid painkillers, sleeping pills, etc. It can increase drowsiness and fatigue.
- If you take treatment antifungal medication like itraconazole and ketoconazole. This medicine can reduce their effects.
- Alzex Tablets can reduce the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not use other sedatives such as sertraline with this medicine; it can enhance the side effects of Alzex Tablets.
- Avoid using St John’s wort (herbal medicine for managing depression) with Alzex Tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice as it increases the amount of Alzex Tablets in the blood. It can cause many adverse effects.
- Coffee and caffeine-containing products and drinks will lower the effects of this medicine. It also increases the condition's symptoms for which Alzex Tablet is being used.
Storage and disposal of Alzex 0.25 MG
Dosage of Alzex 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What happens if I use Texidep tablets for a long time?
Q: Can I use Alzex Tablets if I have seizures?
Q: Can I stop using Alzex Tablets if I am feeling better?
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 2022 Mar 22]. Available from:
- Ait-Daoud N, Hamby AS, Sharma S, Blevins D. A review of Alprazolam use, misuse, and withdrawal [Internet]. Journal of addiction medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2018 [cited 2022 Mar 22]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 22]. Available from:
- Singh T, Rajput MI. Alprazolam as a Monotherapy for Anxiety and Depression [Internet]. Psychiatry. Edgmont: Matrix Medical Communications. 2005 [cited 2022 Mar 22]. Available from: