Altipod 200mg Tablet
Altipod 200 MG Description
Altipod Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine contain
ing cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Altipod Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using Altipod Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Polares 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 243.10₹ 243.10₹
- Delpocure 200mg TabletBy Delcure Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 174.00₹ 128.76₹
- Oxipod 200mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.65₹ 139.77₹
- Podo 200mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 196.00₹ 166.60₹
- Suprapod 200mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 162.00₹ 137.70₹
- Cefoprox 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.99₹ 162.34₹
- Opox 200mg TabletBy Genix10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 158.50₹ 158.50₹
- Kefmax 200mg TabletBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 209.50₹ 178.07₹
- Macpod 200mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.90₹ 159.87₹
- Swich 200mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.00₹ 161.50₹
Uses of Altipod 200 MG
- Altipod Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Altipod 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of Altipod Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Altipod 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Altipod 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Altipod Tablet.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Altipod 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Altipod 200 MG
Interactions of Altipod 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Altipod Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Altipod Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Altipod 200 MG
- Store Altipod Tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Altipod 200 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Altipod Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Altipod Tablet be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Altipod Tablet without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Altipod Tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: What is Altipod Tablet?
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]