Altanib Nova 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Altanib 400 MG Description
Altanib Tablet is an anticancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of cancer growth in the blood, stomach or intestine. It contains imatinib as its main component.
Uses of Altanib 400 MG
For the treatment of cancer growth in blood, stomach or intestine.
Contraindications of Altanib 400 MG
If you are allergic to Imatinib or any of the ingredients of Altanib Tablet
Side effects of Altanib 400 MG
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Altanib 400 MG
Can I take Altanib Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is not advised to take this medicine during pregnancy until it is considered essential by the doctor and potential risks justify the benefits.
- Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine & for about 15 days after stopping this medicine.
Can I take Altanib Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be taken while breastfeeding & for about 15 days after stopping this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Altanib Tablet?
If you experience blurred vision, dizziness and sleepiness after taking Altanib Tablet, then avoid driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Altanib Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have a Hepatitis B infection
- You gain weight very quickly
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You are taking levothyroxine medicine
- You experience fever, tiredness, bruising, confusion and bleeding after taking Altanib Tablet
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to the sunlight, wear full-sleeved clothes
Mode of Action of Altanib 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Imatinib works by slowing down or stopping the growth of cancerous cells. Hence, it helps in stopping the spread of cancer.
Directions for Use of Altanib 400 MG
- Altanib Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Altanib 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Altanib Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, infections, psychiatric illnesses, fits, etc or are taking antibiotics, blood thinners, paracetamol, St John’s Wort
Storage and disposal of Altanib 400 MG
- Store Altanib Tablet in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight
- Keep away from children & pets
Dosage of Altanib 400 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, redness, swelling, tiredness, muscle pain, low blood count, abdominal pain, headache and decreased appetite.
- If you think you have taken too much of Altanib Tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Altanib Tablet?
A: Altanib Tablet contains imatinib as its main component.
Q: Can I take Altanib Tablet along with the food?
A: You can take this medicine with your meal, which may help to reduce the stomach problems from this medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Imatinib film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- GLEEVEC (imatinib mesylate) tablets for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Imatinib film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Low Red Cell Distribution Width in Blood: Interpreting Your Blood Test Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Understanding blood test results is essential for getting the right care and maintaining good health. Red cell distribution width (RDW) is an important aspect that can provide clues about your overall well-being. In this article, you will learn about what RDW is, why it is measured, how to interpret your RDW results,
WBC Differential Count: Decoding Its Clinical Significance With Research Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Our body requires a healthy immune system. Key to this system are the white blood cells (WBCs). They protect us from infections and foreign substances. We may be able to assess how they work by looking at WBC differential counts. Medical professionals use them to see how the immune system responds in
MPV Blood Test: Understanding Its Importance and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets are the cells in your blood that help in clotting and repairing wounds. Well, it is necessary to check their health. That’s where the Mean Platelet Volume (MPV) blood test comes into picture. In this article, we’ll explore the world of MPV blood tests. We’ll learn what MPV is, how to
PDW Blood Test: Understanding Its Purpose and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction The PDW blood test is a medical test that checks for size differences in blood platelets. The main function of platelets includes clotting and ensuring smooth blood flow in the body. In this article, we will cover the basics of a PDW blood test. We’ll discuss about why it’s done, how
MCH Blood Test: Interpreting the Results and Understanding Its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction The MCH blood test is a crucial diagnostic tool that may aid in understanding and maintaining good health. In this article, we will delve into the importance of the MCH blood test and shed light on what it reveals about an individual’s overall well-being. We will discuss essential aspects such as understanding
Reticulocyte Count: A Comprehensive Guide and Its Significance in Medical Diagnosis
Key Highlights: Introduction Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells. Assessing their number in the blood may help us detect problems tied to the production of red blood cells and how our bone marrow functions. In this article, we will delve into how the test is performed and how the results are interpreted. Lastly, we will
Red Blood Cells: Exploring Their Function and Importance in Health
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cells (RBCs) are special cells that carry oxygen. They go from the lungs to all parts of our body. RBCs owe their oxygen-carrying capacity to haemoglobin, an iron-rich protein. This protein grabs oxygen and takes it around the body via the bloodstream. But they don’t just carry oxygen. They also
RDW Blood Test: Interpreting Results and Understanding its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is an important factor when it comes to understanding the health of your blood cells. An indicator of the variations in the size and volume of red blood cells, RDW plays a crucial role in diagnosing and differentiating various health conditions, including anaemia. In this article,
Normal Platelet Count: Understanding the Research-Based Range
Key Highlights: Introduction A healthy platelet count is a vital aspect of our overall health, as it helps our blood clot appropriately in response to injury. Understanding the normal range of platelets is essential in detecting any imbalances or deviations from the norm that could lead to complications. In this article we will delve into
MCV Blood Test: Decoding its Significance in Your Health Report
Key Highlights: Introduction Managing your overall health requires an understanding of your blood test results. The MCV blood test is a key part of this. In this article, we will delve into the value of MCV blood test. We will take you through its role in making sense of your health report. We will also
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.