Alprax Mt 0.5mg Tablets
Alprax Mt 0.5 MG Description
Alprax Mt tablet is a prescription medication used to treat anxiety disorders, panic disorder, and anxiety related to depression. Alprax Mt tablet contains Alprazolam as its main ingredient, which be
longs to the benzodiazepine class of medications. Alprax Mt tablet works by balancing the chemical substance Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain, which slows down brain activity and produces a feeling of relaxation and calmness, and induces sleep. Thus, it helps in reducing the feelings of worry and nervousness in patients with anxiety. Anxiety disorder is a mental health condition characterised by episodes of fear, worry, nervousness, sweating and rapid heartbeat. In contrast, panic attacks are caused due to overstimulation of the nerve cells in the brain. The side effects of Alprax Mt tablet are drowsiness, headache, weakness, dry mouth, sleep problems, and lack of coordination. Alprax Mt tablet should be taken in the prescribed dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Alprax Mt tablet should not be stopped suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause clinical worsening of your condition or may lead to withdrawal-like symptoms.
|You Save||₹5.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Panic disorder, Anxiety-related to depression|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Headache, Weakness, Dry mouth, Sleep problems, Lack of coordination|
Uses of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Alprax Mt tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of anxiety disorder
- Treatment of panic disorder
- Short term treatment for anxiety-related to depression.
Contraindications of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
- Alprax Mt tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to any component of the Alprax Mt tablet, i.e. Alprazolam
- If you are taking antidepressants, anti-anxiety or sedative medications
- If you are taking narcotic or opioid pain relievers
- If you see sudden mood changes, suicidal thoughts or other harmful behaviour
- If you have glaucoma (increases the fluid pressure in the eyes)
- If you have respiratory depression, which is a slow and steady decline in breathing
- If you have a history of alcohol or substance addiction
- If you have liver or kidney problems
- If you have a history of respiratory problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
Side effects of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
- Alprax Mt tablet has the following side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Sleep problems
- Lack of coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Alprax Mt tablet.
- You have any self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation.
- You experience any serious side effects persistently.
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years. These tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in elderly patients.
- You have a history of mild or severe liver and kidney disease; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy during the treatment.
- You are using oral contraceptives.
- You are using any ayurvedic/herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements
Mode of Action of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
- Take the Alprax Mt tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take Alprax Mt tablet on a regular schedule with or without food or as prescribed, preferably at the same time every day.
- Swallow the tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew this medicine.
- Do not take Alprax Mt tablet with other medications as it may lead to interaction.
- Do not stop taking the Alprax Mt tablet suddenly, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
- Do not exceed the dosage of Alprax Mt tablet on your own, as it can lead to overdose.
Interactions of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Alprax Mt tablet interaction with antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine can cause increased side effects.
- Alprax Mt tablet interaction with antihistamines (allergy medicines), pain killers, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine, sleeping pills, etc., can increase drowsiness and fatigue....
- Alprax Mt tablet interaction with antifungal medications like fluconazole and itraconazole ketoconazole can reduce its effects.
- Alprax Mt tablet interaction with oral contraceptives or birth control pills can reduce its effectiveness.
- Herbal Supplement St. John’s wort can also interact with the Alprax Mt tablet.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid caffeine-containing diets like tea, coffee, chocolate etc.
Storage and disposal of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
Dosage of Alprax Mt 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology