Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Almox DT 250 mg tablet is an antibiotic used to treat various types of infections caused by bacteria such as lung infection, infection of tonsils and throat, urinary tract infection, skin infections,
etc. It contains amoxicillin, a semi-synthetic derivative of penicillin. Take this tablet as directed by the doctor. Some of the common side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and skin rashes. Mostly these side effects are temporary, but if you feel they persist, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using the Almox DT 250 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
Almox DT 250 mg tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infection, dental infections, infection of tonsils and throat, lung infection, urinary tract i
nfections, skin infections, etc....
Contraindications of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or any other ingredients of Almox DT 250 mg tablet
- If you have a history of any allergic reactions to Penicillins or Cephalosporins
- If you have infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever caused by the Epstein–Barr virus
Side effects of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
Can I take Almox DT 250 mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Almox DT 250 mg tablet during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over the risks.
Can I take Almox DT 250 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
- Almox DT 250 mg tablet passes into the breastmilk in low amounts and may occasionally cause rash, diarrhoea, thrush in your baby. Hence, you should be cautious and breastfeeding should be discontinuedif any side effects are observed....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed Almox DT 250 mg tablet ?
Almox DT 250 mg tablet may make you dizzy. Therefore you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Almox DT 250 mg tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Almox DT 250 mg tablet as alcohol may worsen the side effects and impair your recovery from the infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are unable to or have trouble in urinating.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You experience watery or bloody diarrhoea or fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Almox DT 250 mg tablet works by preventing one or more enzymes called Penicillin-Binding Proteins (PBPs) which help to form a bacterial cell wall, thus causing bacteria death and prevents the worsenin
g of infection....
Directions for Use of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
- Almox DT 250 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Almox DT 250 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat gout-like Allopurinol and Probenecid with this medicine can increase the effect of the Almox DT 250 mg tablet.
- The effect of Methotrexate, medicines to treat cancers may increase when used together with the Almox DT 250 mg tablet.
- Medicines like Warfarin and Heparin are also known as blood thinners or anticoagulants.
- Other antibiotics can interfere with the effects of the Almox DT 250 mg tablet when used together.
Storage and disposal of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
Store Almox DT 250 mg tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Almox Dt 250mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, nausea and diarrhoea. It can cause the crystal to pass in the urine (urinating problems), which may lead to kidney failure. If you experience any of the symptoms
or think you have taken an excessive dose of Almox DT 250 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure. If you miss any dose of Almox DT 250 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, sk
ip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Almox DT 250 mg tablet used for?
A: Almox DT 250 mg tablet is an antibiotic used for treating respiratory and urinary bacterial infections.
Q: Can I develop an allergic reaction later?
A: A delayed allergic reaction characterized by rashes, fever, joint pains and enlargement of the lymph nodes, especially under the arms, may usually occur after 7-12 days.
Q: I have a cough, can I take Almox DT 250 mg tablet?
A: Yes, Almox DT 250 mg tablet can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Cough can be due to other underlying problems like pollution, smoking or a serious respiratory disease. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q: Can Almox DT 250 mg tablet be taken for loose motion?
A: No, you should not take Almox DT 250 mg tablet medicine for treating loose motion.
Q: I have a terrible toothache can I take Almox DT 250 mg tablet?
A: Yes, Almox DT 250 mg tablet can be used if prescribed by a dentist. Do not take this medicine on your own as this is an antibiotic medicine and can impact the healthy bacterial flora of the body. Kindly consult your dentist for proper diagnosis and better information.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Almox DT 250 mg tablet?
A: No, if you have a penicillin allergy, never take Almox DT 250 mg tablet as a severe allergic reaction may occur. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: What does inappropriate use of antibiotics mean?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for different ailments, taking improper dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Almox DT 250 mg tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Almox DT 250 mg tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and you may face some side effects as well.
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Amoxicillin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Lactmed - Amoxicillin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved