Algat 400mg Tablets
Algat 400 MG Description
Algat Tablet is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, sinus, urinary tract (UTI) and certain sexually transmitted diseases also. It contains gatifloxacin as
its active ingredient that belongs to a group of medicines called fluoroquinolones antibiotics. It is important to inform the doctor if you have allergies related to gatifloxacin or antibiotic usage. Algat Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Algat Tablet.
|You Save||₹4.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache,nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Uses of Algat 400 MG
Contraindications of Algat 400 MG
- If you are allergic to gatifloxacin or any other medicine belonging to the fluoroquinolones class or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history or currently have any kind of heart-related condition and you are taking medications for that. You must inform the doctor.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have a condition of hypokalemia (low blood potassium).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It is not recommended for use in children.
Side effects of Algat 400 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Algat 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are not sure about the suspected bacterial infection, as it may increase the risk of
- the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays. While going out in the sun, cover the skin and apply sunscreen.
- You experience diarrhoea. Do not take anti-diarrheal medicine, without consulting a doctor.
- You experience any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Algat 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Algat 400 MG
- Algat Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Algat 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Algat Tablet tablet works or Algat Tablet tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines simultaneously such as anti-reflux medicine like cisapride, antipsychotic medicines, antibiotics like erythromycin, anti-depressants etc. As they can affect the heart....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are water pills such as furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide, antidiabetic medicines etc.
- Try to keep a gap of at least 4 hours if you are taking multivitamins and antacids during the treatment with Algat. As these medications can interfere with the activity of Algat.
Storage and disposal of Algat 400 MG
- Store Algat Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Algat 400 MG
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, Algat Tablet may cause vomiting, shakiness, fits etc. Contact your doctor immediately in case you experience any kind of unusual symptoms or rush to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)