Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alfusin D Tablet is a combination medicine containing Dutasteride and Alfuzosin. It acts by causing smooth muscle relaxation in the bladder neck and prostate and improvement in urine flow. This medici
ne is used for BPH in men with an enlarged prostate. Alfusin D Tablet not to be used in paediatric patients or women of childbearing potential and during pregnancy. This medicine can cause side effects like nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, dry mouth, dizziness etc. Side effects are temporary and go away on their own, if side effects bother you or your condition doesn't improve over time then inform your doctor....
Uses of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Contraindications of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Alfuzosin or Dutasteride or any of the ingredients of Alfusin D Tablet
- If you have a history of orthostatic hypotension
- If you are having any liver disease
- If you are a woman of childbearing potential and during pregnancy
- Alfusin D Tablet not to be used in paediatric patients
- It should not be co-administered with potent CYP3A4 inhibitors such as ketoconazole, itraconazole and ritonavir
Side effects of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Hypotension (postural)
- Altered (decreased) libido
- Ejaculation disorders
- Breast enlargement and tenderness (gynecomastia)
Precautions and Warnings of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Alfusin D Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken by any pregnant women in any case.
Can I take Alfusin D Tablet while breastfeeding?
Use of Alfusin D Tablet is contraindicated for nursing mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alfusin D Tablet?
Limited information is available on the ability to drive, however, if you experience any side effects like vertigo, dizziness and asthenia, it is advised not to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Alfusin D Tablet?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often, discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from low or high blood pressure.
- You suffer from any eye disorder or planning to get eye surgery.
- You suffer from heart diseases.
- You have any fungal or viral infection.
- You are taking medicines for lowering immunity.
- You may experience problems in ejaculation, which will get back to normal once this medicine is stopped.
- Alfusin D Tablet should not be given to women or children.
Mode of Action of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Alfuzosin works by causing the relaxation of smooth muscle in the bladder neck and prostate, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)....Read more
- Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for an enlarged prostate gland.
- This combination has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlargedprostate gland....Read more
Directions for Use of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Alfusin D Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alfusin D Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for heart disease, antifungal medicines and medicines for HIV.
Storage and disposal of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 30°C in the original container.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Dosage of Alfusin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- In case you have missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I reduce my water intake to relieve the frequent urge of urination?
A: Do not reduce your water intake. It is important to stay hydrated. Consult your doctor and take proper treatment for the increased urge to urinate.
Q: Is Alfusin D Tablet safe in elderly patients?
A: Yes, it can be used in older men. Please discuss with your doctor about any underlying disease condition, any medication you are taking or any known allergy to components of Alfusin D.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved