Alerchek 0.1% Eye Drop 5ml (Usp)
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alerchek Eye Drop is an anti-allergic medicine. It contains olopatadine as its active ingredient. Alerchek is effective in treating allergic conjunctivitis (symptoms include redness, itching, watery eyes, etc). You need to use this medicine as advised by the doctor. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it. You should remove your contact lenses before using these eye drops. Avoid contaminating the tip of the eye drop....
Uses of Alerchek 0.1 %
Alerchek Eye Drop is used in treating the symptoms (watery, redness, burning and itching in the eyes) of allergic conjunctivitis.
Contraindications of Alerchek 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to Olopatadine or any other ingredients of Alerchek Eye Drop.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If your child is less than 3 years old.
Side effects of Alerchek 0.1 %
- Eye discomfort
- Eye pain
- Eye irritation
- Dry eye
Precautions and Warnings of Alerchek 0.1 %
Can I instill Alerchek Eye Drop during pregnancy?
This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or in women who may get pregnant as there is limited information about its effects in human pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine.
Can I instill Alerchek Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited information about its safety in humans. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have instilled Alerchek Eye Drop?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and the inability to recognize objects properly. Therefore, you should avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Alerchek Eye Drop?
There is no information available on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any other eye problems.
- You had any eye surgery.
- You need to remove your contact lenses before using Alerchek Eye Drop.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using this medicine, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Alerchek Eye Drop should not be used in children who are under the age of 3 years.
Mode of Action of Alerchek 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Olopatadine in Alerchek Eye Drop works by preventing the release of substances (histamine) that cause itching, redness, etc in the eyes, thus treating, preventing or controlling the allergic reactions....
Directions for Use of Alerchek 0.1 %
- Use Alerchek Eye Drop as instructed by the doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss dose.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you are prescribed any other eye drops, you need to keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Interactions of Alerchek 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Alerchek Eye Drop.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with this medicine, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Alerchek 0.1 %
- Store Alerchek Eye Drop below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks after first opening it.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Alerchek 0.1 %
If you feel you have instilled these eye drops more than you should, rinse your eyes with warm water and do not put in any more drops until it is time for your next dose.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, use it as soon as possible. Do not use a double dose of this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Alerchek Eye Drop?
A: Alerchek Eye Drop is used in the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis (a condition of eye inflammation which is caused by allergies).
Q: Can Alerchek Eye Drop cause dry eyes?
A: Dryness of eyes is one of the common side effects of Alerchek Eye Drop. It usually resolves over time.
Q: Is Alerchek Eye Drop a steroid?
A: No, Alerchek Eye Drop is not a steroid medicine. It is an antiallergic medicine used to treat various allergic conditions such as conjunctivitis, etc.
- Opatanol Eye drops- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Opatanol Eye drops- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.