Aldigesic Sp Tablet
Aldigesic-SP tablet is used to provide relief from the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and post-surgery. It is a combination medicine containing aceclofenac, paracetamol and serratiop
eptidase and has an analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory action. Aceclofenac and paracetamol is a painkiller that acts by relieving the pain and inflammation and serratiopeptidase acts by reducing the swelling in the affected area. Aldigesic-SP tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. One may experience dizziness, nausea, vomiting, constipation as side effects after taking Aldigesic-SP tablet. Most of which are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist, contact your doctor immediately. Before using an Aldigesic-SP tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹36.00 (30% on MRP)|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg) + Serratiopeptidase(15.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, indigestion|
Uses of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
Contraindications of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
- If you have an allergy to paracetamol, aceclofenac, serratiopeptidase or any of the other ingredients of Aldigesic-SP tablet.
- If you have a history of allergy including asthma, skin rashes or a runny nose after taking medicines like Ibuprofen and Aspirin.
- If you have ever experienced severe allergic reactions.
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers or bleeding.
- If you are suffering from any heart diseases like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function.
- If you are pregnant (especially after the 3rd month of pregnancy).
Side effects of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
- Stomach pain
- Dark stools
Precautions and Warnings of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder, then this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you notice black tarry stools.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have SLE ( an autoimmune disorder)
- You are an alcoholic and concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking Aldigesic-SP medicine.
Directions for Use of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
Storage and disposal of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
- Store Aldigesic-SP tablets in a cool and dry place protected from moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Aceclofenac and paracetamol act by interfering with the production of a chemical substance called prostaglandin which is responsible for the swelling and pain.
- Serratiopeptidase acts by repairing the tissues and thus decreasing the swelling around the infected area.
Interactions of ALDIGESIC SP TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Aceclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Aldegesic-SP works or the Aldegesic-SP itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking any blood-thinning medicines like warfarin and coumarin.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
- VOLTANEC SP Tablets (Aceclofenac + Paracetamol + Serratiopeptidase) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- CDSCO - Acelofenac-Paracetamol-Serratiopeptidase [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- LactMed - Acelofenac-Paracetamol-Serratiopeptidase [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- CLANZA CR- aceclofenac tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]