Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By RPG LIFE SCIENCES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aldactone Tablet contains spironolactone as its active ingredient. It is classified as a diuretic. It is used to prevent excessive absorption of salt and water by your body. This medicine causes an increase in the frequency of urination and is used for the reduction of swelling, predominantly in the legs due to excess fluid accumulation. This tablet also helps in managing high blood pressure. However, due to some side effects of the medication, Aldactone Tablet is recommended to be taken in the correct doses and for the exact duration strictly as prescribed by a doctor. It is important to inform the doctor about any pre-existing conditions and also about the medications and supplements consumed to avoid possible drug interactions.
Uses of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Aldactone Tablet is used in the treatment of oedema (fluid retention) in cases of congestive heart failure, liver and kidney dysfunction.
- It helps in treating or preventing low levels of potassium in the blood (hypokalemia) and high blood pressure.
- It is also used in managing primary aldosteronism (a condition that arises due to extra fluid in the body due to excessive aldosterone hormone).
Contraindications of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to spironolactone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are unable to pass urine.
- If you have Addison’s disease (symptoms are stomach pain, weakness, weight loss or low blood pressure).
- If you are already taking any potassium supplements.
- If you are diagnosed with high potassium levels in the blood or are already taking a water pill (like Eplerenone) that retains potassium.
- If you are pregnant or you think you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Increased level of potassium
- Muscle pain
- Enlarged breast in men, pain in the breast
- Kidney dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
It is not safe to use this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended during breastfeeding as it passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and can be harmful to the newborn baby. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
Driving should be avoided as it can cause drowsiness and dizziness as soon as you stand.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Alcohol should be avoided during its course as it can reduce blood pressure in a standing position, causing loss of consciousness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are diagnosed with kidney disease, as it can cause an electrolyte imbalance and require regular monitoring during the treatment, especially in elders.
- You have any underlying medical condition like heart-related problems or difficulty in passing urine, etc.
- You are pregnant and are breastfeeding.
- Avoid taking any potassium supplements as both can increase the potassium level in your blood which is harmful.
Mode of Action of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Aldactone Tablet works by removing excess water and electrolytes from the body. It also prevents the loss of potassium which is important for the proper functioning of the heart. Thus, it helps in reducing swelling and blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- It should be taken by mouth with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- Dosage and frequency should be as prescribed by your physician.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time and as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Aldactone Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Aldactone Tablet works.read less
- Especially, if you are taking potassium supplements, medicines used for heart-related disorders like digoxin or other water pills, antibacterial like trimethoprim, etc.
- Aldactone Tablet, when taken along with blood-pressure-lowering medicines like Captopril and lisinopril, may lower the blood pressure excessively and you may feel giddy, thus should be used with caution.read less
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with blood thinners like Heparin, antibiotics like Cotrimoxazole, painkillers (NSAID's) like Indomethacin, etc.(NSAID's), can cause an increase in the blood potassium levels.read less
Interactions with food items
- Aldactone Tablet can interact with high-potassium fruits and vegetables such as papaya, bananas, kiwis, oranges, cantaloupe, prune juice, honeydew melons, tomatoes, white and sweet potatoes, asparagus, pumpkin and Brussels sprouts.read less
Storage and disposal of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine at room temperature.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight, heat or moisture.
- Keep it away from children's reach.
- Do not use expired products in any case.
- Discard the product as soon as it gets expired.
Dosage of Aldactone 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- An overdose of Aldactone Tablet can cause drowsiness, mental confusion, skin rashes, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you experience any of these symptoms or in case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.read less
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Aldactone Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence, it is better to follow the prescribed schedule for optimal results.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before starting this medication?
A: Inform your doctor in detail about your medical and surgical history. Tell your doctor about your current medications, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements.
Q: What tests would my doctor prescribe me during or before therapy with the Aldactone Tablet?
A: Your doctor may advise you to do a blood test called 'Kidney Function Test'. It assesses the levels of electrolytes in blood as well as gives an idea about the filtration function of the kidney. Depending on your current health status and other medications, your doctor may prescribe more tests simultaneously.
Q: Can this medicine be taken along with the potassium supplements?
A: It should not be taken with potassium supplements as both can increase potassium levels in your blood which will be harmful.
Q: Is it safe to use this medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
A: It is not recommended to use this medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Q: What are the various foods that should be avoided while taking the Aldactone Tablet?
A: Aldactone Tablet should be avoided along with high-potassium fruits and vegetables such as papaya, bananas, kiwis, oranges, cantaloupe, prune juice, honeydew melons, tomatoes, white and sweet potatoes, asparagus, pumpkin and brussels sprouts.
Q: How much time does the Aldactone Tablet take to show its effect?
A: It may show its effect within 1 hour after taking this medicine, but it may differ from person to person.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved