Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Acord A Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It contains amlodipine and atenolol as
active ingredients. It works by the combined action of its two ingredients and results in relaxation of blood vessels and improved blood flow and thus lowers blood pressure. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed time for optimal results. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better.
- Amlokind At 5/50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.05₹ 42.1833.33% CHEAPER₹ 2.81/Tablet
- Amodep At Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Fdc Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.30₹ 36.3842.45% CHEAPER₹ 2.43/Tablet
- Angicam Beta Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.00₹ 32.6848.44% CHEAPER₹ 2.18/Tablet
- Betacard Am Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.20₹ 34.5745.32% CHEAPER₹ 2.30/Tablet
- Udp At Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.74₹ 23.0061.15% CHEAPER₹ 1.64/Tablet
Uses of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any heart-related conditions such as heart failure problem, irregular heartbeat and heart blockage.
- If you have a blood circulation problem that affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any health condition related to the heart, liver and kidneys.
- You experience there is no improvement in blood pressure and it's getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level or develop a thyroid-related disorder.
- You are suffering from asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You are above 60 years, pregnant or breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Acord A Tablet works by the combined action of atenolol & amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing down the heart rate to improve blood flow. This leads to a decrease in blood pressure and relieves chest pain due to angina.
- Amlodipine works by relaxing blood vessels and reducing the load on the heart. It also improves blood circulation to heart muscles and controls chest pain due to angina.
Directions for Use of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Acord A Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food with sufficient water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Acord A Tablet can affect the action of other medicine or other medicines can alter the action of Acord A Tablet if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals and supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
- Medicines that are used for irregular heartbeats if taken along with this medicine can lead to a drop in blood pressure and slow heartbeat.
- Other medicines such as immunomodulators, muscle relaxants, pain killers, cholesterol-lowering medicines should be used cautiously.