Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INVISION MEDI SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acord A Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It contains amlodipine and atenolol as active ingredients. It works by the combined action of its two ingredients and results in relaxation of blood vessels and improved blood flow and thus lowers blood pressure. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed time for optimal results. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better....
Uses of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Acord A Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (radiating chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart).
Contraindications of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any heart-related conditions such as heart failure problem, irregular heartbeat and heart blockage.
- If you have a blood circulation problem that affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Acord A Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine is not safe to be taken during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Acord A Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take this medicine while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acord A Tablet?
You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially right after initiation of treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine. Therefore, it would be better to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Acord A Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure when taken with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any health condition related to the heart, liver and kidneys.
- You experience there is no improvement in blood pressure and it's getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level or develop a thyroid-related disorder.
- You are suffering from asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You are above 60 years, pregnant or breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Acord A Tablet works by the combined action of atenolol & amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing down the heart rate to improve blood flow. This leads to a decrease in blood pressure and relieves chest pain due to angina.
- Amlodipine works by relaxing blood vessels and reducing the load on the heart. It also improves blood circulation to heart muscles and controls chest pain due to angina.
Directions for Use of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Acord A Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food with sufficient water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Acord A Tablet can affect the action of other medicine or other medicines can alter the action of Acord A Tablet if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals and supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
- Medicines that are used for irregular heartbeats if taken along with this medicine can lead to a drop in blood pressure and slow heartbeat.
- Other medicines such as immunomodulators, muscle relaxants, pain killers, cholesterol-lowering medicines should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple & orange juice should be avoided for at least 4 hours after taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Acord A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include laziness, wheezing, uneven heart rhythm, slow heartbeat, low blood pressure, constriction of airways and drop in blood sugar levels. Seek immediate medical help in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed a dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration etc....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Acord A Tablet?
A: The most common side effects of this medicine are sleepiness, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, nausea, swelling in ankle and fatigue.
Q: What is Acord A Tablet used for?
A: This medicine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart (angina).
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine on your own without talking to your doctor, even if you are feeling well. Suddenly stopping this medicine may cause chest pain, heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually if required.
Q: What lifestyle modification I should make to control my blood pressure?
A: You should take your medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on smoking habits.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.