By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acnicin Gel Description
Acnicin Gel contains two medicines, Clindamycin and Adapalene. Acnicin Gel is used for the treatment and management of acne. Clindamycin is an antibiotic and Adapalene is a derivative of vitamin A. A
cnicin Gel inhibits the growth of bacteria that cause pimples, reduces swelling and prevents the formation of blemish due to the accumulation of oil and dirt. Excessive use of makeup and other skin products should be avoided while using this gel. Avoid using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The popping of acne can lead to the spreading of bacteria and on the skin that can result in worsening of acne and acne scars.
|You Save||₹31.83 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clindamycin(1.0 %) + Adapalene(0.1 %)|
Check more medicines with composition as Clindamycin(1.0 %) + Adapalene(0.1 %)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Acnicin Gel
- Klinface A 15gm GelBy Kivi Labs Limited15g Gel in TubeMRP 167.00₹ 141.9521.3% CHEAPER₹ 9.46/Gram
- Seraclin Ad Gel 20gmBy Seraph Life Sciences Pvt Ltd20g Gel in TubeMRP 190.00₹ 190.0020.97% CHEAPER₹ 9.5/Gram
- Acnovate GelBy Apex Laboratories Private Limited15g Gel in TubeMRP 262.80₹ 223.38₹ 14.89/Gram
- Cleargel Ap Gel 15gmBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp15g Gel in TubeMRP 325.00₹ 276.25₹ 18.42/Gram
Uses of Acnicin Gel
Treatment of acne vulgaris.
Contraindications of Acnicin Gel
- If you are allergic to Clindamycin, Adapalene or any other components of this gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Acnicin Gel
- Skin irritation
- Skin peeling
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of Acnicin Gel
Can I apply Acnicin Gel during pregnancy?
Acnicin Gel is applied to the skin and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little. The chances of any effect in pregnancy are rare. Still, this medicine should be used only under medical supervision as components of this medicine are known to be unsafe during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. In case you have been prescribed this medicine, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Acnicin Gel while breastfeeding?
It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Acnicin Gel?
This medicine is to be applied to the affected area on the skin and It does not influence your driving ability. So, you can drive.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Acnicin Gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Acnicin Gel. However, alcohol is known to worsen infection and inflammation; it's better to avoid consuming alcohol when you have been prescribed this gel.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience skin reactions like dryness, skin peeling, burning sensation.
- Your skin may get more sensitive to sunlight after using this gel, protect the area from direct sunlight.
- You have a history of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Acnicin Gelshould not come in contact with the eyes, mouth, nostrils or internal surfaces of the skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, wash with warm water immediately.
- You should not use this gel if you are prone to allergies (atopic).
Mode of Action of Acnicin Gel
How Does It Work?
Acnicin Gel works by the combined action of its two components Clindamycin and Adapalene. Clindamycin inhibits the protein synthesis in the bacteria responsible for causing infection and thus inhibits the growth of infection-causing bacteria. Adapalene acts by inhibiting the rooting of pimples inside the skin and decreases swelling and inflammation. It also removes dead skin cells and enhances deeper penetration of Clindamycin....
Directions for Use of Acnicin Gel
- Use this Acnicin Gel as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
Interactions of Acnicin Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Acnicin Gel is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally.
- However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.
- Be cautious if you are taking oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with the gel. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....
Storage and disposal of Acnicin Gel
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Acnicin Gel
As Acnicin Gel is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any application of this gel, apply it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next application, skip the missed application and continue with your regular schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed application....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying Acnicin Gel?
- Do not use it for a longer time than your doctor suggested.
- Do not apply the gel to windburned or sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use this medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- Rub in gently and well on the infected part of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after application of Acnicin Gel.
Q: For how long do I need to apply Acnicin Gel?
A: Keep using this medicine for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a short time. If you stop using this medicine too soon, your acne may return or get worse.
Q: Can I use Acnicin Gel for children?
A: Safety and effectiveness of Acnicin Gel in pediatric patients under the age of 12 have not been established. Hence its is not recommended to use in children unless prescribed by a doctor. Please avoid self-medication.
Q: Does Acnicin Gel remove scars?
A: Yes, adapalene present in the medicine can help in reducing the scars after acne.
Q: How to apply Acnicin Gelon the face?
- Wash your face with a soap or face wash and pat it dry.
- Wash your hands before applying this gel.
- Apply a thin layer, rub it thoroughly and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching and pressing the acne, pimple too firmly while using it.
- Repeat it as prescribed by your doctor.
- Torrent Pharma. Clindamycin+Adapalene.PI. [Accessed on 29-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Dalacin. [Accessed on 29-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Differin. [Accessed on 29-Mar-2021](online)
- CDSCO. Adapalene/clindamycin.[Accessed on 29-Mar-2021](online)
- Improvement in atrophic acne scars by topical adapalene. [Accessed on 29-Mar-2021](online)
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed