Acloderm Gel 20gm
Acloderm Gel 20gm Description
Acloderm Gel is a topical preparation used for the management of acne, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads. It contains a combination of clindamycin and nicotinamide as the main ingredients. Clindamyc
in present in Acloderm Gel is an antibiotic and nicotinamide or niacin is a form of vitamin B3. It also helps reduce acne scars and prevent acne. Try not to touch your skin excessively and avoid rubbing your acne. Avoid applying the cosmetic product over this Gel.
|Contains||Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %) + Clindamycin(1.0 %)|
|Uses||Acne, whiteheads, pimples, blackheads|
|Side effects||Skin irritation, iItching, burning|
- Femcinol A Gel 20gmBy Dabur India Limited20g Gel in TubeMRP 170.00₹ 144.50₹
- Faceclin Gel 20gmBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd20g Gel in TubeMRP 176.97₹ 150.42₹
- Acnay GelBy Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd10g Gel in TubeMRP 140.00₹ 140.00₹
- Glocin Gel 30gmBy Glowderma Lab Pvt Ltd30g Gel in TubeMRP 164.00₹ 139.40₹
- Nioclean GelBy Klm Laboratories Pvt Ltd20g Gel in TubeMRP 147.00₹ 124.95₹
- Acnestar Gel 22gmBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd22g Gel in TubeMRP 110.00₹ 93.50₹
Uses of Acloderm Gel 20gm
Contraindications of Acloderm Gel 20gm
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, nicotinamide or any other ingredient of Acloderm Gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Acloderm Gel 20gm
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Acloderm Gel 20gm
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to any components of this Gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- You are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation, and peeling of skin.
- You had or currently have a condition of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, nose or mucous membrane.
- Do not use this medicine for other purposes without consulting a doctor.
- Do not use Acloderm Gel for a prolonged period of time. This medicine is not meant to be used for children.
Mode of Action of Acloderm Gel 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Acloderm Gel works by the combined action of its two constituents. Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria.
- Nicotinamide is a natural anti-inflammatory agent; it reduces the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates oil production in the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimple, acne and other skin problems....
Directions for Use of Acloderm Gel 20gm
- Use Acloderm Gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Clean your skin with a mild water-based cleanser before applying this Gel.
- Apply gently on the affected area by placing a small amount on your fingertips.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this Gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
Interactions of Acloderm Gel 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Acloderm Gel is meant for topical application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicines. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking blood thinners such as warfarin, acenocoumarol, and fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with these medicines. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....
Storage and disposal of Acloderm Gel 20gm
- Store this medicine at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Acloderm Gel 20gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Acloderm Gel good for pimples?
Q: Is Acloderm Gel good for everyday use?
- Dalacin T Topical Lotion or Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Freederm Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Cleocin T, Clindagel (clindamycin topical) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- AcneStar Gel You define beauty and grace | AcneStar Gel [Internet]. AcneStar. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]