Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
Aciloc 300 Tablet contains ranitidine. It is a medicine that reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is used in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn, indigestion and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Your doctor can prescribe you with this medicine for a short or long duration depending on your condition. It would be best if you take ranitidine as prescribed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Uses of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Aciloc 300 Tablet is used for the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn and indigestion.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) a condition in which acid from stomach comes up to the food pipe causing heartburn and injury.
- For a condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome where the stomach produces too much acid due to presence of a tumour.
Contraindications of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Skin rashes
- Muscle pain
- Rapid heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Can I take Aciloc 300 Tablet during pregnancy?
Aciloc 300 Tablet can be used by pregnant women only when prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Aciloc 300 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid the use of this medicine if you are breastfeeding as there is no information is available on the use of Aciloc 300 Tablet during breastfeeding. Consult with your doctor before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aciloc 300 Tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Aciloc 300 Tablet?
Alcohol increases acidity, heartburn. It is recommended to avoid excessive alcohol consumption with Aciloc 300 Tablet as it can worsen your underlying disease.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have kidney problems as dose adjustments may be needed
- If you are taking painkillers and are suffering from peptic ulcer
- If you are an adult or an elderly person suffering from dyspeptic (indigestion)
- If you have a history of any blood disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria)
- If you are an older person having compromised immunity, lungs disorder or diabetes, there are chances of developing pneumonia
- Severely ill or elderly persons may experience mental disorders like hallucinations, confusion and depression
Mode of Action of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
The stomach produces acid to digest food. When this acid is produced in excess, it can lead to acidity, heartburn and ulcers. Aciloc tablet works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and thereby reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerned indigestion and heartburn.
Directions for Use of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
Interactions of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking blood thinners like warfarin and medicine to treat fits like Phenytoin, close monitoring is needed
- Caution is needed if you are taking Phenytoin, Diazepam, Amitriptyline (to treat mental conditions), Theophylline (to treat respiratory problems), Ciclosporin (as an immunosuppressants), Ketoconazole (to treat fungal infection), Diltiazem, Propranolol, Fluorouracil (to treat high blood pressure) and Epirubicin.read less
Storage and disposal of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Aciloc 300mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
There are no known symptoms of overdose of Aciloc 300 Tablet. However, you may experience vomiting if you have taken too much dose of this medicine. Seek for medical help or call doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach causing heartburn, difficulty in swallowing and food regurgitation.
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
- Yes, there are following points which can help you to reduce acidity problem like
- Try to lose excess weight and maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid lying down for three hours after a meal
- If you need to lie down after meal, lay down in left lateral position (like a foetus), do not lay down straight
- Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid pressure on your abdomen
- Quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption
- Avoid sugar, processed food, meat, sodas, high protein diet etc.
Q: What is the use of Aciloc 300 Tablet?
A: It is used for relief from acidity, heartburn and helps in stomach or intestinal ulcers.
Q: How long we have to use Aciloc 300 Tablet?
A: Use it only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Prolonged use is not recommended.
Q: When to take Aciloc 300 Tablet?
A: Take it at the time as told by your treating doctor. Take it preferably after having food.
Last Updated on: 04 Jul 2020 | 08:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved