Acemiz S Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acemiz-S tablet is used to relieve pain and inflammation of joints, bones and muscles in various conditions such as arthritis, injuries. It contains a combination of three medicines namely aceclofenac, paracetamol and serratiopeptidase as its active ingredients. It should be taken as directed by the doctor for the exact dose and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or after food. It is recommended to take this medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach. Do not take this medicine for a longer duration than recommended. Before using the Acemiz-S tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Acemiz S Tablet
Acemiz-S tablet is used to provide relief from the pain associated with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and post surgeries.
Contraindications of Acemiz S Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, aceclofenac, serratiopeptidase or other ingredients of Acemiz-S tablet.
- If you suffer from allergy including asthma, skin rashes or a runny nose after taking medicines like Ibuprofen and Aspirin.
- If you suffer from allergic reactions.
- If you suffer from stomach ulcers or bleeding.
- If you suffer from heart diseases like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from kidney and liver functions.
- If you are pregnant (especially after the 3rd month of pregnancy).
Side effects of Acemiz S Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Acemiz S Tablet
Can I take an Acemiz-S tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid taking this medicine during pregnancy as it is unsafe, It must not be taken by pregnant women. Taking NSAIDs during pregnancy causes either a defect in the unborn baby, delay of the delivery period at term or increase the risk of bleeding. Consult the doctor before using it.
Can I take an Acemiz-S tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use the Acemiz-S tablet if you are breastfeeding. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming the Acemiz-S tablet?
You may feel dizzy while on treatment with the Acemiz-S tablet. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol while taking an Acemiz-S tablet?
Avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Acemiz-S tablet as it may worsen liver problems and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder, the medicine increases the risk of kidney failure. The doctor may ask to perform renal function tests for the same.
- You suffer from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you notice black tarry stools.
- You suffer from asthma as the medicine worsen the same.
- You have SLE (an autoimmune disorder).
- You are an alcoholic and the concomitant use of the medicine damages the liver.
- You suffer from disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You develop skin rashes and lesions after taking the Acemiz-S tablet.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid taking other medicine containing Paracetamol along with the medicine.
Mode of Action of Acemiz S Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Acemiz-S tablet works by the combined action of the three components - aceclofenac, paracetamol and serratiopeptidase.
- Aceclofenac and paracetamol interfere with the production of a chemical substance called prostaglandin which is responsible for swelling and pain.
- Serratiopeptidase repairs the tissues and decrease the swelling around the infected area.
Directions for Use of Acemiz S Tablet
Take as directed by the doctor. Swallow as a whole with a glass of water, with or after food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take it at the same time every day for optimal results and avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Acemiz S Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Acemiz-S tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Discuss with the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule.Read less
- Avoid using other medicines containing Paracetamol or Aceclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, the medicine interferes with the effect.
- Medicines like a water pill lead to kidney damage when taken along with it.
- Caution is needed if you are using medicines to treat heart failure.
- The medicine increases the levels of lithium and methotrexate.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplants like cyclosporin and tacrolimus results in kidney damage if taken with the medicine.
- It increases the risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain-relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are using blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- An increased risk of fits if you are taking the medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are using medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about the symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures and depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam, a medicine used to treat gout like Probenecid, medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine must be used with caution.Read less
Storage and disposal of Acemiz S Tablet
- Store at a cool and dry place protected from moisture.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Acemiz S Tablet
- Taking Acemiz-S tablet in high doses may result in liver and kidney damage. Other symptoms of an overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
Missed a Dose
- If you have taken in excess, contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have missed taking a dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions must I follow before taking the Acemiz-S tablet being diabetic?
A: You must discuss the medical health and medicines with the doctor. The doctor may change the dosage or he may suggest alternative medicine to you. Excessive use of painkillers has to be avoided as it results in kidney damage. If you are using the medicine, you may develop low blood glucose symptoms. In case this happens, have something sweet like sugar or juice and report to the doctor.
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Acemiz S tablet?
A: No, it is not safe to take other medicines to relieve pain along with Acemiz-S tablet. Concomitant use of painkillers causes adverse effects like gastrointestinal bleeding and liver damage.
Q: I am using the Acemiz-S tablet for a long time, do I need to perform tests?
A: Acemiz-S tablet must not be taken for prolonged periods. If you are prescribed the same for a longer duration, you may do tests like complete blood count (CBC), liver function test (LFT) and renal function test (RFT). Consult the doctor for more information.
Q: Is the Acemiz-S tablet useful for a headache?
A: Aceclofenac and Paracetamol in Acemiz-S have analgesic activity and are called painkillers. It helps to provide relief from headache.
Q: Can the Acemiz-S tablet be taken for a toothache?
A: Yes, the Acemiz S tablet can be used to provide relief from toothache. Though you should not take the Acemiz-S tablet without consulting your dentist. Since the underlying cause of toothache can vary among each individual. Therefore, do not self-medicate.
- VOLTANEC SP tablets (Aceclofenac + Paracetamol + Serratiopeptidase) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- CDSCO. Acelofenac-Paracetamol-Serratiopeptidase [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- LactMed. Acelofenac-Paracetamol-Serratiopeptidase [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
|You Save||₹28.65 (30% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg),Serratiopeptidase(15.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset|
Last Updated on: 19 Jul 2021 | 03:21 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved