Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Uses of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet is used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma in adults.
Contraindications of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Ambroxol, Acebrophylline, Theophylline or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any heart disease such as low blood pressure, unstable blood pressure or abnormal heart rate
- If you have kidney or liver disease
Side effects of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
- Abdominal discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling in the nose
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
Can I take Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. If you conceive while taking this medicine, get in touch with your doctor immediately.
Can I take Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Safety of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet is not established in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, avoid this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet?
Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness as side effects. Be cautious if you experience these side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet?
Avoid alcohol while consuming Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart diseases such as hypertension, chronic heart failure, or irregular heartbeat; caution is needed
- You have stomach ulcer and increased thyroid functions.
- You have any viral infections
- You have a history of fits
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You have an alcohol addiction, careful monitoring is required in such patients
- You develop a fever with chills, immediately stop this medicine and seek medical help
Mode of Action of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Acebrophylline causes relaxation of muscles around the airway and inhibits the mucous secretion. Acebrophylline inhibits certain enzymes responsible for the production of chemicals that cause swelling. This results in a decrease of swelling responsible for airway obstruction.
Directions for Use of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
- Take Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food
- You should take this medicine regularly as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own
Interactions of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines for gouts for, e.g. Allopurinol, antiallergic medicine such as Cimetidine, Corticosteroids, Diuretic such as Furosemide, Isoprenaline, oral contraceptives, antifungals such as Thiabendazole, calcium channel blockers such as Verapamil, Diltiazem and antibiotic medicines such as Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin, Erythromycin, inform your doctor as you may require dose adjustments. These medicines may increase the side effects of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet.Read less
- This medicine, when used with medicines like Albuterol, Metaproterenol, Pirbuterol, Terbutaline, steroids, and water pills, can decrease the potassium levels in the blood. You may require serum potassium monitoring.Read less
- Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are consuming any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.Read less
Storage and disposal of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
- Store below 25°temprature in a clean & dry place, guarded against moisture, direct sunlight, and heat
- Keep Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet away from children and pets
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date is the last day of that month
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows any signs of tampering
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour into the drain
Dosage of Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet
The symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, blood in the vomit, restlessness, increased limb movements, seizures, and increased heart rate. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet suddenly?
A: Follow your doctor's instructions. Stopping this medicine abruptly may worsen your asthma symptoms.
Q: How long do I have to take Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet?
A: Duration of this medicine depends on the underlying disease and the cause of illness.
Q: Is Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet addictive?
A: No cases of addiction to this medicine are reported to the date.
Q: What food contains Theophylline?
A: Cocoa beans contain Theophylline.
Q: Is Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No. Ab Flo Sr 200mg Tablet is not an antibiotic.
Q: Is Theophylline present in tea?
A: Theophylline is present in black tea and green coffee.
Q: Can I exercise for my lungs?
A: Aerobic exercise helps your heart and lungs. It helps your body use oxygen efficiently and with time can improve your breathing.
Q: Can asthma be cured permanently?
A: Asthma is an eminently controllable illness. It never entirely goes away. It can be controlled by lifestyle modifications such as avoiding the allergens, taking medications regularly, etc.
Q: Can yoga cure asthma?
A: Yoga can help people control breathing and reduce stress, which is a common asthma trigger. However, if it can cure asthma or not is not known.
Q: What causes asthma?
- Exposure to various irritants and substances that trigger allergies can cause asthma.
- They vary from person to person and can include airborne substances such as pollen, dust mites, mould spores, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
- These allergens then cause the airways to become hypersensitive and contract, this makes breathing difficult as oxygen entry is restricted due to narrowing of airways.
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved