Ascovent 200mg Sr Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ascovent Sr 200 MG Description
Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab contains Acebrophylline. It is used for breathing difficulty associated with lung-related disorders like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This medicine p
romotes the relaxation of muscles around the airway and inhibits the mucous secretion, ultimately unblocking the airway and making the breathing process easier.
|You Save||₹35.47 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Acebrophylline(200.0 Mg)
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ascovent 200mg Sr Tablets
- Amucoe 200 Sr Tablets 10'sBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 188.00₹ 161.6819.55% CHEAPER₹ 16.17/Tablet
- Abevia 200mg Sr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 154.8022.99% CHEAPER₹ 15.48/Tablet
- Macphylline Sr 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 204.00₹ 173.4013.73% CHEAPER₹ 17.34/Tablet
- Ab Flo Sr 200mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 238.50₹ 202.72₹ 20.27/Tablet
- Xanilax Sr 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 209.90₹ 178.4111.24% CHEAPER₹ 17.84/Tablet
Uses of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab is used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma in adults.
Contraindications of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Ambroxol, Acebrophylline, Theophylline or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any heart disease such as low blood pressure, unstable blood pressure or abnormal heart rate
- If you have kidney or liver disease
Side effects of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
- Abdominal discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling in the nose
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
Can I take Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab during pregnancy?
Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab is not recommended during pregnancy. If you conceive while taking this medicine, get in touch with your doctor immediately.
Can I take Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab while breastfeeding?
Safety of Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab is not established in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, avoid this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab?
Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab may cause dizziness and drowsiness as side effects. Be cautious if you experience these side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab?
Avoid alcohol while consuming Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart diseases such as hypertension, chronic heart failure, or irregular heartbeat; caution is needed
- You have stomach ulcer and increased thyroid functions.
- You have any viral infections
- You have a history of fits
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You have an alcohol addiction, careful monitoring is required in such patients
- You develop a fever with chills, immediately stop this medicine and seek medical help
Mode of Action of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Acebrophylline causes relaxation of muscles around the airway and inhibits the mucous secretion. Acebrophylline inhibits certain enzymes responsible for the production of chemicals that cause swelling. This results in a decrease of swelling responsible for airway obstruction....
Directions for Use of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
- Take Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food
- You should take this medicine regularly as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own
Interactions of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines for gouts for, e.g. Allopurinol, antiallergic medicine such as Cimetidine, Corticosteroids, Diuretic such as Furosemide, Isoprenaline, oral contraceptives, antifungals such as Thiabendazole, calcium channel blockers such as Verapamil, Diltiazem and antibiotic medicines such as Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin, Erythromycin, inform your doctor as you may require dose adjustments. These medicines may increase the side effects of Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab....
- This medicine, when used with medicines like Albuterol, Metaproterenol, Pirbuterol, Terbutaline, steroids, and water pills, can decrease the potassium levels in the blood. You may require serum potassium monitoring....
- Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are consuming any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
Storage and disposal of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
- Store below 25°temprature in a clean & dry place, guarded against moisture, direct sunlight, and heat
- Keep Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab away from children and pets
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date is the last day of that month
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows any signs of tampering
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour into the drain
Dosage of Ascovent Sr 200 MG
The symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, blood in the vomit, restlessness, increased limb movements, seizures, and increased heart rate. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab without consulting your doctor....
Dr. Suma Kunchur
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab suddenly?
A: Follow your doctor's instructions. Stopping this medicine abruptly may worsen your asthma symptoms.
Q: How long do I have to take Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab?
A: Duration of this medicine depends on the underlying disease and the cause of illness.
Q: Is Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab addictive?
A: No cases of addiction to this medicine are reported to the date.
Q: What food contains Theophylline?
A: Cocoa beans contain Theophylline.
Q: Is Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab an antibiotic?
A: No. Ascovent 200mg Sr Tab is not an antibiotic.
Q: Is Theophylline present in tea?
A: Theophylline is present in black tea and green coffee.
Q: Can I exercise for my lungs?
A: Aerobic exercise helps your heart and lungs. It helps your body use oxygen efficiently and with time can improve your breathing.
Q: Can asthma be cured permanently?
A: Asthma is an eminently controllable illness. It never entirely goes away. It can be controlled by lifestyle modifications such as avoiding the allergens, taking medications regularly, etc.
Q: Can yoga cure asthma?
A: Yoga can help people control breathing and reduce stress, which is a common asthma trigger. However, if it can cure asthma or not is not known.
Q: What causes asthma?
- Exposure to various irritants and substances that trigger allergies can cause asthma.
- They vary from person to person and can include airborne substances such as pollen, dust mites, mould spores, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
- These allergens then cause the airways to become hypersensitive and contract, this makes breathing difficult as oxygen entry is restricted due to narrowing of airways.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed