Xanilax Sr 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xanilax Sr Tablet is used for breathing difficulty associated with lung-related disorders like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It contains acebrophylline as its active ingredient. This Tablet promotes muscles relaxation around the airway and inhibits mucous secretion, thus clearing the airway and also eases breathing. Take Xanilax Sr Tablet as advised by your doctor at the exact dose and duration. You can take the Xanilax Sr Tablet with or without food. This medicine should not be used during an acute asthma attack....
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Xanilax Sr 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
Xanilax Sr Tablet is used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma in adults.
Contraindications of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, acebrophylline, theophylline or any other ingredients of Xanilax Sr Tablet.
- If you have any heart disease such as low blood pressure, unstable blood pressure or abnormal heart rate.
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
- Abdominal discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling in the nose
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
Can I take Xanilax Sr Tablet during pregnancy?
Xanilax Sr Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. If you conceive while taking this medicine, reach out to your doctor immediately.
Can I take Xanilax Sr Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the safety of Xanilax Sr Tablet in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, avoid this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xanilax Sr Tablet?
Xanilax Sr Tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness as side effects. Be cautious if you experience these side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Xanilax Sr Tablet?
Avoid alcohol while consuming Xanilax Sr Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart diseases such as hypertension, chronic heart failure, or irregular heartbeat; caution is needed.
- You have a stomach ulcer, thyroid, liver or kidney diseases.
- You have any viral infections.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have an alcohol addiction, careful monitoring is required in such patients.
- You develop a fever with chills, immediately stop this medicine and seek medical help.
Mode of Action of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Acebrophylline causes relaxation of muscles around the airway and inhibits the mucous secretion. It inhibits certain enzymes responsible for the production of chemicals that cause swelling. This results in a decrease of swelling responsible for airway obstruction....
Directions for Use of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
- Take Xanilax Sr Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly as directed by your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xanilax Sr Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- This medicine, when used with medicines like albuterol, metaproterenol, pirbuterol, terbutaline, steroids, and water pills, can decrease the potassium levels in the blood. You may require serum potassium monitoring....
Storage and disposal of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
- Store below 25°temprature in a clean & dry place, guarded against moisture, direct sunlight, and heat.
- Keep Xanilax Sr Tablet away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour into the drain.
Dosage of Xanilax Sr 200 MG
Overdose of Xanilax Sr Tablet may cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, blood in the vomit, restlessness, increased limb movements, seizures, and increased heart rate. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Xanilax Sr Tablet without consulting your doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Xanilax Sr a steroid?
A: No, Xanilax Sr Tablet is not a steroid medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Xanilax Sr Tablet suddenly?
A: No, you should not stop taking Xanilax Sr suddenly. Stopping this medicine abruptly may worsen your asthma symptoms. If feel your symptoms worsens or dose not improve, consult your doctor for re-evaluation. But do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor.
Q: How long do I have to take Xanilax Sr Tablet?
A: Duration of this medicine depends on the underlying disease and the cause of illness.
Q: Is Xanilax Sr Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No. Xanilax Sr Tablet is not an antibiotic.