Zymox Dry Syp
By LABORATE PHARMACEUTICALS INDIA LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Amoxicillin belongs to a group of medicines called semisynthetic Penicillin.
Uses of Zymox Dry Syp
- Sinus infection
- Middle ear infection
- Infection of tonsils and throat
- Infection of lungs
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Urinary tract infections
- To treat the presence of bacteria in urine during pregnancy
- Typhoid fever
Contraindications of Zymox Dry Syp
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillins or Cephalosporins
- If you have infectious Mononucleosis/ Glandular fever (caused by the Epstein–Barr virus)
Side effects of Zymox Dry Syp
- Skin rash
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- You may also experience other allergic reactions like skin itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, body or breathing difficulties (serious side effects)
- Serious liver side effects like jaundice, severe diarrhea, darker urine or paler stools, these are observed if you have been taking this medicine for several weeks
Precautions and Warnings of Zymox Dry Syp
Can I take Zymox Dry Syp during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of this medicine in pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Zymox Dry Syp while breastfeeding?
- Amoxicillin passes into breast milk in small amounts and can harm your baby
- This medicine can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mucous membrane can be observed in breastfed baby, therefore breastfeeding should be discontinued if any side effects are observedread less
- Caution is advised incase you are breastfeeding
Can I drive if I have consumed Zymox Dry Syp?
You may experience allergic reactions, dizziness, or convulsion that influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving or operating heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Zymox Dry Syp?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Amoxicillin does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you should avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects and impair your recovery from the infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had allergy to Penicillins, Cephaloporins or prone to allergies
- You have glandular fever (symptoms includes fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat, and swollen glands)
- You have kidney problems
- You have difficulty in urinating
- You develop watery, bloody diarrhea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately seek medical help
Mode of Action of Zymox Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by preventing one or more enzymes known as Penicillin-Binding Proteins (PBPs) that helps to form a bacterial cell wall, which results in bacterial cell lysis (rupture) and death.
Directions for Use of Zymox Dry Syp
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- For reconstitution: add boiled and then cool water, slightly below the mark on the bottle
- Shake well and ensure that the volume is equal to the given mark on the bottle
- Reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle
Interactions of Zymox Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat gout (Allopurinol, Probenecid)
- Medicines known as blood thinners (anticoagulants) like Warfarin
- Other antibiotics such as Tetracycline used to treat bacterial infections
- Medicines used to treat certain type of cancers (Methotrexate)
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Zymox Dry Syp
- Store below 25°C
- After reconstitution, store in refrigerator
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Zymox Dry Syp
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have used too much of this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, nausea, diarrhea
- It can cause crystal to pass in the urine (urinating problems) that leads to kidney failure
- Convulsions may be observed in case of impaired kidney function or if you are taking a high dose of this medicine
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Zymox Dry Syp?
A: No, if you have allergy to penicillin never take this medicine as a very serious allergic reaction may occur. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Is there any chance that an allergic reaction can develop later?
A: A delayed allergic reaction characterized by rashes, fever, joint pains, and enlargement of the lymph nodes, especially under the arms, may usually occur after 7-12 days.
Q: Can I open this capsule and consume?
A: Never open this capsule and consume. Always take it exactly as prescribed by the physician.
- Ema.SmPC. Amoxicillin. [Accessed 26 Dec 2019] (online)
- Canadian monograph. amoxicillin. [Accessed 26 Dec 2019] (online)
- Webmd. Amoxicillin. [Accessed 26 Dec 2019] (online)
- Ema.PIL.Amoxicillin. [Accessed 26 Dec 2019] (online)
- Dailymed. Amoxicillin. [Accessed 26 Dec 2019] (online)
- NPRA. amoxicillin. [Accessed 26 Dec 2019] (online)
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved