Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zycel Capsule is a medicine used for relieving pain, swelling and inflammation associated with muscles, joints and bones. It contains Celecoxib as an active ingredient. It an anti-inflammatory medicine. This medicine works by interfering with the action of prostaglandins, a chemical responsible for pain, swelling and inflammation in the body. It is used for the short-term treatment of pain in adults and should not be used in children. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to Celecoxib.
Uses of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- For relieving pain, swelling and inflammation associated with musculoskeletal disorders such as arthritis, muscle spasm, etc.
- It is also used for the short-term treatment of moderate pain associated with dental surgery.
Contraindications of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to sulfonamides class of medicines
- If you are suffering from peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding
- If you have any kidney or liver disease, intestine disease, any heart problems
- If you experienced any side effect like wheezing, asthma after taking any other pain medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen in the past
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Excessive gas
- Mouth ulcers
- Swelling of legs or feet
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound
Precautions and Warnings of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Zycel Capsule during pregnancy?
Zycel Capsule should not be taken during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you can be pregnant, consult your doctor. If a woman becomes pregnant during treatment, Celecoxib must be discontinued.
Can I take Zycel Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Celecoxib passes into human milk. Thus, Zycel Capsule should not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zycel Capsule?
Zycel Capsule can cause dizziness, spinning sensation (vertigo) or sleepiness. If you experience any of these effects, do not drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Zycel Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Zycel Capsule as it can worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
- You are suffering from liver disease or kidney disease.
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have high blood pressure. Your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
Mode of Action of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Prostaglandins are chemicals produced at the site of injury or damage where they cause pain, swelling and inflammation as a part of the natural healing process of the body. Celecoxib in Zycel Capsule works by reducing the formation of Prostaglandins.
Directions for Use of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Zycel Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Zycel Capsule can interact with other medicines taken at the same time and produce an altered response. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals or supplements you are taking or might take.
- In particular, if you are taking blood-thinning medicines, certain anti-infectives, immunomodulators, high blood pressure medicines, medicines for treating uneven heart rate, anti-asthmatics, oral contraceptives, certain hormonal preparation, etc.read less
Storage and disposal of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Zycel Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zycel 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
If you think you have taken too much of Zycel Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform the doctor before starting Zycel Capsule?
A: Inform your doctor if you have any infection because this medicine can mask the symptoms of a severe infection. Tell your doctor about your complete medical and medication history. Also, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Can I take Zycel Capsule during pregnancy?
A: Zycel Capsule should not be used during pregnancy or should be discontinued if pregnancy is detected while on treatment with Zycel Capsule. It can delay the labour and can lead to malformations in the growing foetus.
- Celebrex 100mg capsule - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- Celebrex 100mg capsule - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
Last Updated on: 09 Apr 2021 | 04:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved