Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Zoryl Mp 1 mg is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of Type-2 Diabetes, notably in those whose blood sugar levels cannot be managed even after proper diet and exercise. Type 2 diabetes is
a condition in which the body's ability to control and utilise sugar (glucose) as fuel is impaired. It can be due to reduced Insulin production or when body cells do not respond to insulin in the way they should. As a result, your body requires extra insulin to aid glucose absorption into your cells ((insulin resistance). Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet is a combination of three antidiabetic medicines, namely Glimepiride, Metformin, and Pioglitazone. In combination with diet and exercise, this medicine helps to improve blood sugar levels in adults with Type-2 Diabetes. It aids in the proper utilisation of insulin, resulting in decreased blood sugar levels. Side effects are Metallic taste, Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Nausea, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Taste change, Diarrhoea, Stomach pain, Headache, Edema (swelling), Weight gain, Blurred vision, Bone fracture, Respiratory tract infection. Directions for the use of Zoryl Mp 1 mg tablets should be strictly followed. This medication should be taken at the same time every day. The prescribed dose should be maintained to avoid an incidence of overdose. Sudden stopping of this medication is not advised.
|You Save||₹30.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Glimepiride(1.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Taste disturbance, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, upper respiratory tract infection, Anaemia, Visual disturbance, Weight gain, Erectile dysfunction, Bone fracture, Headache, Arthralgia|
Uses of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- As per CDSCO, Zoryl Mp 1 mg is used in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Hypersensitivity to Glimepiride, Metformin or Pioglitazone, other sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or to any of the excipients
- Any type of acute metabolic acidosis (such as lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis)
- Insulin-dependent diabetes
- Cardiac failure or history of cardiac failure
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Diabetic coma
- Severe renal or hepatic function disorders
- Decompensated heart failure, respiratory failure, recent myocardial infarction, shock, and other diseases that can cause tissue hypoxia (particularly acute disease or exacerbation of chronic disease)
- Bladder cancer in progress or a history of bladder cancer
- Alcoholism, hepatic insufficiency, acute alcohol intoxication
- Conditions that can lead to renal dysfunction like dehydration, severe infection, shock
- Any evidence of fluid overload
- History of fracture or at high risk for fracture
Side effects of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Taste disturbance
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- upper respiratory tract infection
- Visual disturbance
- Weight gain
- Erectile dysfunction
- Bone fracture
Precautions and Warnings of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to Glimepiride, Metformin, or Pioglitazone, other sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or to any of the excipients of this medicine.
- You have renal failure.
- You have severe liver impairment.
- You have a previous history of acute metabolic acidosis (such as lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis) with any of the component medicines of Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet.
- You are having heart failure or have a history of cardiac failure.
- You are a patient with bladder cancer.
- You are an alcoholic.
- You have an infection or are under treatment for any ongoing infection.
- You have to undergo any imaging procedure involving the administration of an iodinated contrast agent.
- You have to undergo surgery.
- You are an elderly individual.
- You develop visual impairment after starting this medicine.
- You develop liver or renal failure/impairment after starting this medicine.
- You have made changes in your diet or have increased physical activity. The dose needs to be adjusted based on the blood sugar levels.
Mode of Action of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take the Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush, or break it.
- It is better to take it at a fixed time to maintain a constant level of medicine in the body and achieve the desired clinical effect.
- Continue taking this medicine as long as your doctor recommends.
- The prescribed dose should be maintained to avoid an incidence of overdose. Sudden stopping of this medication is not advised.
Interactions of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that induce the action of CYP2C9 enzyme (e.g. rifampicin) decrease concentration of individual medicines in Zoryl Mp 1mg tablets reach blood supply, thereby decreasing the efficacy of Zoryl Mp 1mg tablets....
- Medicines that inhibit the action of CYP2C9 enzyme (e.g. fluconazole) increase the blood levels of individual medicines in Zoryl Mp 1mg tablets, thereby increasing the chances of side effects of Zoryl Mp 1mg tablets....
- Lipid reducing medicines like gemfibrozil and fenofibrate increase the blood levels of individual medicines in Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet, thereby increasing the chances of side effects of Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet....
- Calcium channel blocker class of antihypertensive medicine like verapamil reduce the efficacy of Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet.
- Anabolic steroids like nandrolone, oxandrolone, oxymetholone - Potentiation of the blood-glucose-lowering effect.
- ACE inhibitor classes of medicines like Captopril increase chances of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
- Antibiotic chloramphenicol - Potentiation of the blood-glucose-lowering effect.
- Anticoagulants like Warfarin - Potentiation of the blood-glucose-lowering effect.
- Medicines used to treat Gout like Allopurinol - Potentiation of the blood-glucose-lowering effect
Interactions with food items
- Food has little effect on the absorption of Zoryl Mp 1mg tablets into the blood.
Storage and disposal of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Dosage of Zoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What lab tests need to be performed before or after starting Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet?
Q: Can Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet cause bone fracture?
Q: Can the use of Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet cause Vitamin B12 deficiency?
Q: Can Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet cause hypoglycemia?
Q: Can I stop the Zoryl Mp 1mg tablet on my own?
- Nasri H, Rafieian-Kopaei M. Metformin: Current knowledge. J Res Med Sci. 2014;19(7):658-664 - [cited 26 Mar 2022]
- 2022. [online] Available at: <https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs> [cited 26 Mar 2022].
- Trerattanavong K, Tadi P. Glimepiride. [Updated 2021 Dec 6]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-.cited 26 Mar 2022] Available from:
- Alam, F., Islam, M.A., Mohamed, M. et al. Efficacy and Safety of Pioglitazone Monotherapy in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Controlled Trials. Sci Rep 9, 5389 (2019). cited 26 Mar 2022] Available from
- Imre Pavo, et.al. Effect of Pioglitazone Compared with Metformin on Glycemic Control and Indicators of Insulin Sensitivity in Recently Diagnosed Patients with Type 2 Diabetes, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 88, Issue 4, 1 April 2003, Pages 1637–1645, cited 26 Mar 2022] Available from