Zocef 250mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zocef 250mg Tablet contains Cefuroxime, which belongs to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Zocef 250mg Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, and infections of the skin and soft tissue. You should take this medicine only after consulting with your doctor, and self-medication should be avoided. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or beta-lactam antibiotics. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over the counter products, and herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment with Zocef 250mg Tablet.
Uses of Zocef 250mg Tablet
- For the treatment of Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, and ears
- Infection of the urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue
Contraindications of Zocef 250mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems, or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Zocef 250mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Zocef 250mg Tablet
Can I take Zocef 250mg Tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known. Do not take this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Zocef 250mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cefuroxime passes into breast milk in small quantities. Perceive if prescribed by your physician. Watch for diarrhoea in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zocef 250mg Tablet?
It may cause dizziness. Hence caution is advised during driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Zocef 250mg Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Zocef 250mg Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop a rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Zocef 250mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Zocef 250mg Tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis; the absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zocef 250mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor
- Swallow Zocef 250mg Tablet whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Zocef 250mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Zocef 250mg Tablet along with your acidity medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)read less
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Storage and disposal of Zocef 250mg Tablet
Store Zocef 250mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, to protect it from light.
Dosage of Zocef 250mg Tablet
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine. Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain and may cause fits
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Zocef 250mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin. Can I take this medicine?
A: No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in a very severe allergic reaction. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: How long should I take Zocef 250mg Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of treatment depend upon the cause of infection and response to the treatment. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better. Complete the full course as stopping the treatment in between can result in antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
Q: Is Zocef 250mg Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Zocef 250mg Tablet is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Zocef 250mg Tablet?
A: The common side effects of Zocef 250mg Tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, headache, and dizziness. These are temporary but if side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, inform your doctor immediately.
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved