Zocef 250mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zocef 250 tablet contains Cefuroxime, which belongs to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Zocef 250 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, and infections of the skin and soft tissue. You should take this medicine only after consulting with your doctor, and self-medication should be avoided. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or beta-lactam antibiotics. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over the counter products, and herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment with Zocef 250 tablet....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zocef 250mg Tablet
Uses of Zocef 250 MG
- For the treatment of Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, and ears
- Infection of the urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue
Contraindications of Zocef 250 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems, or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Zocef 250 MG
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Zocef 250 MG
Can I take Zocef 250 tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known. Do not take this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Zocef 250 tablet while breastfeeding?
Cefuroxime passes into breast milk in small quantities. Perceive if prescribed by your physician. Watch for diarrhoea in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zocef 250 tablet?
It may cause dizziness. Hence caution is advised during driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Zocef 250 tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Zocef 250 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop a rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Zocef 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Zocef 250 tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis; the absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zocef 250 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor
- Swallow Zocef 250 tablet whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Zocef 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Zocef 250 tablet along with your acidity medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)...
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Storage and disposal of Zocef 250 MG
Store Zocef 250 tablet in a cool and dry place, to protect it from light.
Dosage of Zocef 250 MG
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine. Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain and may cause fits
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Zocef 250 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin. Can I take this medicine?
A: No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in a very severe allergic reaction. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: How long should I take Zocef 250 tablet?
A: The dose and duration of treatment depend upon the cause of infection and response to the treatment. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better. Complete the full course as stopping the treatment in between can result in antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
Q: Is Zocef an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Zocef 250 is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Zocef 250 tablet?
A: The common side effects of Zocef 250 tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, headache, and dizziness. These are temporary but if side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, inform your doctor immediately.
Q: How many days Zocef 250 can be taken?
A: Zocef 250 should be taken for as long as the doctor has prescribed you. It is usually prescribed for 1 week, depending upon the type and severity of infection. Do not take more of it, do not take it more often and do not take it for a longer time than your doctor ordered. Do not skip the dose and complete the full course of treatment for maximum results.
- Zinnat 125 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 Sep 2021]
- Zinnat 125 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 Sep 2021]
- Cefuroxime [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 Sep 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 Sep 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After