Zifi Drops 10ml
By FDC LIMITED
10ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zifi 25 MG/ML Description
Zifi Drops 10ml contains Cefixime. It is an antibiotic medicine.
|You Save||₹0.71 (1% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(25.0 Mg/Ml)
Uses of Zifi 25 MG/ML
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear
- Infection of nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis)
- Infection of urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections)
- Throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis)
- Infection of chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)
Contraindications of Zifi 25 MG/ML
- You are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin.
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Zifi 25 MG/ML
- Diarrhea sometimes, watery diarrhea with fever and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headache
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes, fever, sore throat, bleeding gum, vaginal discharge
- Allergic reaction like rash,itching, blisters and papules
- Joint pain, difficulty in swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Precautions and Warnings of Zifi 25 MG/ML
Can I take Zifi Drops 10ml during pregnancy?
Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Zifi Drops 10ml while breastfeeding?
It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch out for symptoms of diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zifi Drops 10ml?
This medicine can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Zifi Drops 10ml?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- You are suffering from the condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Zifi 25 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Cefixime works by killing the bacteria by inhibiting the formation and growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Zifi 25 MG/ML
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Zifi 25 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (medicine used to treat seizures)
- Medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin
Storage and disposal of Zifi 25 MG/ML
- Store below 25°C
- Protect if from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of childre
Dosage of Zifi 25 MG/ML
If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for wrong diseases, taking inappropriate dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by doctor.
Q: I was given this medicine for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, but some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
A: Antibiotic resistance is a natural process. It occurs when an antibiotic fails to efficiently control the growth or kill bacteria causing infection. A bacteria resistant to antibiotics continues to multiply in the presence of antibiotics, which would normally kill them. As resistance develops, these antibiotic medicines become gradually less effective – and eventually, they lose their effectiveness entirely. Antibiotic resistance is a consequence of the excessive use of antibiotics and misuse even when not required.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed