Xylistin 1miu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By CIPLA GX
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xylistin 1 MIU Description
Xylistin Powder For Injection is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It contains colistimethate sodium which belongs to the antibiotic class of medicine. It is used when other anti
biotic medicines are unsuitable.
Uses of Xylistin 1 MIU
Xylistin Powder For Injection is used in the treatment of certain types of severe infections caused by bacteria.
Contraindications of Xylistin 1 MIU
If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Xylistin Powder For Injection
Side effects of Xylistin 1 MIU
- Injection site reactions
- Stomach upset
Precautions and Warnings of Xylistin 1 MIU
Can I take Xylistin Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Xylistin Powder For Injection during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Xylistin Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Colistimethate sodium is secreted in breast milk in low amounts. Thus, you should consult your doctor before using Xylistin Powder For Injection while breastfeeding. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xylistin Powder For Injection?
You may experience dizziness, confusion or visual disturbance while on treatment, thus you should be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with Xylistin Powder For Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidneys
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis (which causes muscle weakness)
- You are suffering from an autoimmune disorder - porphyria
Mode of Action of Xylistin 1 MIU
How Does It Work?
Colistimethate sodium works by disrupting the bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Xylistin 1 MIU
- Xylistin Powder For Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Xylistin 1 MIU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xylistin Powder For Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other antibiotic medicines, muscle relaxant medicines or you are taking medicines to treat myasthenia gravis (a condition causing muscle weakness).
Storage and disposal of Xylistin 1 MIU
- Store Xylistin Powder For Injection in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Xylistin 1 MIU
Xylistin Powder For Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives Xylistin Powder For Injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Xylistin Powder For Injection used for?
A: Xylistin Powder For Injection is used to treat certain types of severe infections caused by bacteria.
Q: Is Xylistin an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Xylistin Powder For Injection is an antibiotic medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
- Colistimethate Sodium 1 Million I.U. Powder for Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
- Colistimethate Sodium 1 Million I.U. Powder for Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
- Colistimethate Injection - MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- Xylistin 4 5 Miu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Xylistin Forte Plus 3 Miu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Xylistin N 1 Miu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Xylistin N 2 Miu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Xylistin 0 5 Miu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Xylistin 2 Miu Injection 10 Ml
- Xylistin Tablet 10
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.