Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
By STEDMAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Xputum Tablet is a combination medicine containing theophylline and salbutamol. It relaxes the muscles around the airways in the lungs, relieving shortness of breath, chest tightness, cough and breat
hing problems caused by asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
|You Save||₹5.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salbutamol + Theophylline|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, tremors, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Salbutamol + Theophylline
Uses of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of asthma (bronchial asthma) and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and related symptoms like shortness of breath, chest tightness, cough and breathing issues
Contraindications of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you allergic to Theophylline and Salbutamol the active ingredients of the medicine
- If you are suffering from a rare blood disorder of haemoglobin (porphyria)
- If you are on medicines used to control the blood pressure and heart rate (beta-blockers)
- If you have a history of vaginal bleeding or bloody discharge during the first 6 months of pregnancy (threatened abortion)
Side effects of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Faster than normal heart beats (palpitations)
- Muscle cramps
- Sleeplessness (insomnia).
Precautions and Warnings of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Xputum Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should be taken during pregnancy only if considered essential by the doctor as limited safety data is available in pregnant women. If you get pregnant while on treatment, contact your doctor immediately.
Can I take Xputum Tablet while breastfeeding?
Xputum Tablet passess into breastmilk. Thus, its use is not recommended while breastfeeding unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xputum Tablet ?
Xputum Tablet may cause side-effects like irregular heartbeat, muscle cramp and muscle ache. Avoid driving when consuming this Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Xputum Tablet ?
It is not recommended to consume alcohol with Xputum Tablet as it may increase the risk of side-effects
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy; breastfeeding
- You have diabetes
- You are allergic to the active ingredient theophylline and/or salbutamol
- You are suffering from heart problems and/or high blood pressure
- You have an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
- You are suffering from liver and/or kidney disease
- You have fits or seizures
- You have stomach ulcers
- You are a male having difficulty in passing urine (prostate gland)
- You have a viral infection
- You suffer from a life-threatening condition - cystic fibrosis
- You are a smoker or have an alcohol addiction
Mode of Action of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Xputum Tablet is a combination medicine which has active ingredients as theophylline and salbutamol. Both the medicines that works by relaxing the muscles around the airways in the lungs (bronchodilator). Theophylline in addition deals with the inflammatory reaction in the lungs thereby reducing the swelling and relieving the feeling of chest tightness....
Directions for Use of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Xputum Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xputum Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, asthma, diabetes, cancer, fits, gout, thyroid problems, infections, acidity, HIV infection, hepatitis, alcoholism or are taking steroids, water pills, blood thinners, oral contraceptive pills are about to receive flu vaccine....
Storage and disposal of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Xputum Tablet in a clean & dry place
- Keep away from children & pets
Dosage of Xputum Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea and severe vomiting, restlessness, fits, uncontrolled jerky limb movements.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to take any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Xputum Tablet, as my symptoms have been relieved?
A: It is always recommended that you should follow your doctors recommendation for dose and duration. Stopping the treatment in between may aggravate the risk and worsen the symptoms of asthma and respiratory illness
Q: What does Xputum Tablet contain?
A: Xputum Tablet contains theophylline and salbutamol (albuterol).
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Uniphyllin Continus 300 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Uniphyllin Continus 300 mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Salbutamol 2 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Salbutamol 2 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed