Wepox Pen Cartridge Inj
By DR REDDY'S LAB (WOCKHARDT)
3ml Injection in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wepox Injection is used to treat low red blood cell count (anaemia) that occurs due to kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy, or HIV infection treatment. Anaemia is a condition where there is a shortage of enough healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen to your body's tissues. Wepox contains erythropoietin as the active substance that works by increasing the red blood cell count in the body. It can be used in both adults and children. It will be given to you by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine....
Uses of Wepox 30000 IU
- Wepox Injection is used for the treatment of anaemia that occurs because of cancer chemotherapy, HIV infection treatment with zidovudine, or kidney disease.
- Wepox Injection is also used to reduce the need for red blood cell transfusions in patients who are at high risk for blood loss due to planned, noncardiac, nonvascular surgery.
Contraindications of Wepox 30000 IU
- If you are allergic to erythropoietin or any other ingredient of Wepox Injection.
- If you are allergic to mammalian cell-derived products or albumin.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not properly controlled.
- If you have a condition called pure red cell aplasia where there is reduced or stopped red blood cell production.
Side effects of Wepox 30000 IU
Precautions and Warnings of Wepox 30000 IU
Can I take Wepox Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Wepox Injection in pregnancy. This injection should be used in pregnancy only if your doctor recommends it after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Wepox Injection while breastfeeding?
No information is available if Wepox Injection passes into human breast milk. This injection may be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wepox Injection?
Wepox Injection may cause fits/seizures. If you experience any such symptoms which may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Wepox Injection?
There is limited information available regarding the interaction of alcohol with Wepox Injection. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Wepox Injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or heart disease.
- You have cancer.
- You are undergoing dialysis.
- You have a haemoglobin level greater than 11g/dL with heart or blood vessel disorder.
- You are scheduled for surgery like coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG) or orthopaedic surgery.
- You are undergoing treatment for hepatitis C with medicines like interferon and ribavirin.
- You have high blood pressure that is not properly controlled.
- You have iron deficiency, infection, inflammation, or bleeding.
- You experience seizures/fits after taking Wepox Injection.
- You develop symptoms like skin rashes, swelling of the face and lips, red spots after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Wepox 30000 IU
How Does It Work?
Wepox Injection promotes the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow which increases the red blood cell count in the body.
Directions for Use of Wepox 30000 IU
- This injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self-inject this medicine. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Wepox 30000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Wepox Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Wepox 30000 IU
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C). Do not freeze.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Wepox 30000 IU
Wepox Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse, and hence, the chances of an overdose are unlikely.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Wepox Injection, please consult your doctor. Your doctor will recommend the best time for you or your child to be vaccinated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Wepox Injection used for?
A: Wepox Injection is used for the treatment of anaemia that occurs because of cancer chemotherapy, HIV infection treatment with zidovudine, or kidney disease. It is also used to reduce the need for red blood cell transfusions in patients who are at high risk for blood loss due to planned, noncardiac, nonvascular surgery.
Q: How will Wepox Injection be given to me?
A: Wepox Injections will be given to you either through the veins (intravenous) or under the skin (subcutaneous).
Q: Do I have to store this injection in the refrigerator or freezer?
A: You have to store this injection in the refrigerator. Do not freeze this medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.