Voxidep 25mg Tablet
Voxidep 25 MG Description
Voxidep 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of antidepressants and contains fluvoxamine. It also increases the level of chemical messengers serotonin in the brain, improving the mood and symptoms of dep
ression and OCD. It is used to manage severe depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Voxidep 25mg Tablet should not be taken without a doctor's consultation. For optimal pharmacological effects, it is recommended to take the medication at the same time of the day with or without food. The dose of Voxidep 25 mg tablet should be slowly increased after giving lower doses. Sudden stoppage can lead to withdrawal symptoms (such as anxiety, dizziness, sleep disturbances, restlessness, palpitations etc.). It is a prescription medicine.
|You Save||₹14.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Obsessive compulsive disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Fatigue, Dryness in mouth, Loss of appetite, Increased sweating, Dizziness, Nervousness, Tremor, Low sexual desire, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Confusion, Constipation, Erectile dysfunction, Delayed ejaculation, Decreased libido, Diarrhoea, Anorexia, Agitation, Tachycardia (faster heartbeat), Hallucinations|
Uses of Voxidep 25 MG
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder
Contraindications of Voxidep 25 MG
- If you are allergic to Voxidep 25 mg Tablet or its active ingredient
- If you consume alcohol
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have suicidal tendencies
- If you have a kidney disease
- If you have a liver disease
- If you have a respiratory disease
- If you have any cardiovascular diseases
- If you have bipolar disorder
- If you have closed-angle glaucoma
- If you have diabetes mellitus
- If you have seizure disorders
- Voxidep 25mg Tablet is unsuitable for children under 18 years of age
Side effects of Voxidep 25 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased sweating
- Low sexual desire
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Delayed ejaculation
- Decreased libido
- Tachycardia (faster heartbeat)
Precautions and Warnings of Voxidep 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have to start other medications.
- You get self-harming thoughts.
- You want to stop the medication. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can result in treatment failure or the development of medicine resistance, leading to serious health issues.
- Talk to your doctor about your past and ongoing medical history. Some diseases or conditions can make you more susceptible to some side effects or intensify them.
- Voxidep 25 mg Tablets should not be given to children without consulting the doctors.
Mode of Action of Voxidep 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Voxidep 25 MG
- Voxidep 25 mg Tablets should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
- This tablet should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- It should not be chewed or crushed.
- Do not break the tablet.
- It is advisable to take combutol with an antacid that contains aluminium at least four hours before or after taking medicine. Seek medical advice.
- Voxidep 25 mg Tablet should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms.
- Sudden stoppage of this medicine can result in treatment failure or the development of withdrawal symptoms, leading to serious health issues
Interactions of Voxidep 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Before taking Voxidep 25 mg tablets, you must inform your doctor about all medicines, herbal medicines or supplements, and vitamin supplements you are taking to avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction. Taking Voxidep Tablet with the following medicines can lead to adverse side effects:-...
- Blood thinners
- Opioid analgesics
- Neuromuscular blocker
- Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor
Interactions with food items
- It does not show any interaction with food.
Storage and disposal of Voxidep 25 MG
Dosage of Voxidep 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Voxidep 25 mg Tablets cause sleepiness?
Q: Can Voxidep 25 mg Tablets cause addiction?
Q: I have observed that my symptoms have worsened after taking the Voxidep 25 mg tablets, so should I stop the tablet on my own?
- Fluvoxamine: Oculogyric dystonia and manic switch: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Feb 14];1475(1):19–19. Available from
- Drugs.com. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
- Irons J. Fluvoxamine in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat [Internet]. 2005 [cited 2022 Feb 14];1(4):289–99. Available from: