Vomikind Inj 2ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vomikind Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. It works by blocking the action of a natural chemical called serotonin which may cause nausea or vomiting. Before taking this Vomikind injection you should inform your doctor about any known allergy to similar medicines.
Uses of Vomikind Inj 2ml
Vomikind Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Contraindications of Vomikind Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of this injection
- If you are taking apomorphine used in people with advanced Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Vomikind Inj 2ml
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Vomikind Inj 2ml
Can I take Vomikind Injection during pregnancy?
Vomikind Injection must not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy as it may slightly increase the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). Women of childbearing age may be advised to use birth control measures
Can I take Vomikind Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Vomikind injection passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Thus, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Vomikind Injection?
It is not expected that Vomikind injection will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving
Can I consume alcohol with Vomikind Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach problems like blockage in your stomach.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, irregular heartbeats or abnormal heart rhythm.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood.
- Children that receive Ondansetron with medicines that are harmful to liver should regularly go for check-up for liver problems.
Mode of Action of Vomikind Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron present in Vomikind injection works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting.
Directions for Use of Vomikind Inj 2ml
- Vomikind injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Vomikind Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Vomikind injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Be cautious if you are taking medications like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or diseases.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, atenolol or timolol & halofantrine, antibiotic like erythromycin, antifungal like ketoconazole.
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take this medicine along with Apomorphine, hence both these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work properly when taken together with Vomikind injection.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat the mental state like citalopram, sertraline.read less
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin should be used cautiously with Vomikind injection.
Storage and disposal of Vomikind Inj 2ml
- Store Vomikind injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Vomikind Inj 2ml
Vomikind Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in hospital. Thus, chances of overdose are unlikely. If you experience any symptoms immediately after taking this injection you should inform your doctor or nurse.
Missed a Dose
Your doctor or nurse will monitor you as to when Vomikind injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. In case your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Vomikind safe during pregnancy?
A: No, this injection should not be taken by pregnant women or women of childbearing age. It can cause orofacial malformations in the growing foetus and can lead to cleft lip or palate ((openings or splits in the upper lip and/or the roof of the mouth)
Q: Is Vomikind good for motion sickness?
A: No, Vomikind injection is not useful in controlling motion sickness.
Q: What is the use of Vomikind injection?
A: Vomikind injection is useful in preventing nausea and vomiting that is caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Q: How does Vomikind work?
A: Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Vomikind works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved