Vital Cal 60k Iu Chew Tab
By GENESIS BIOTECH
4 Chewable Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vital Cal Chewable Tablet is a vitamin supplement. It contains Vitamin D3 as an active ingredient which is also known as cholecalciferol or colecalciferol. Vitamin D is an essential component for the
absorption of calcium. It helps maintain healthy and strong bones and teeth. This is a high dose of vitamin D to be taken once weekly and not meant for daily consumption. It should be taken for a limited period only under a doctor's guidance. It is used for the treatment and prevention of vitamin D deficiency. It is also used as an adjuvant in certain bone-related conditions and when nutritional requirements of the body are high such as in the elderly, after surgery and in growing children. Vitamin D is produced naturally within the body when sun rays (UV rays) strikes the skin and it's also known as ‘sunshine vitamin’. Low levels of Vitamin D can cause weakness, fatigue, fragile or weak bones. Try to take this supplement after having a meal....
Ingredients and Benefits
- Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. It plays a crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth....Read more
- It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function, and the reduction of inflammation.
- If you do not get enough vitamin D, you are more likely to experience fractures, muscle pain and weakness.
- Adequate levels of vitamin D in the body can prevent osteoporosis, weak bones, fractures in adults and the elderly.
Uses of Vital Cal 60k Iu Chew Tab
- For treatment and prevention of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- As an adjuvant for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis and bone disorders.
- As a supplement when vitamin D requirements of the body are high such as in the elderly, inadequate sun exposure.
Precautions and Warnings of Vital Cal 60k Iu Chew Tab
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any existing medical condition, you are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Vital Cal 60k Iu Chew Tab
- Take Vital Cal Chewable Tablet as advised by your doctor.
- You should not consume vitamin supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
- Take this supplement after a meal for better absorption of vitamin D.
- This is high dose of vitamin D and not to be consumed daily.
- Your doctor shall advise you to take it for a limited period of weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are a good source of vitamin D?
- The best source of vitamin D is sunlight. Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun. Very few food products are a good source of vitamin D such as cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk, etc. Sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help you prevent vitamin D deficiency....Read more
Q: Why should one take vitamin D?
A: With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars with hardly any exposure to the sun. It can eventually lead to an increase in vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures and muscle weakness. There is a lot of research happening suggesting that vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast and helps build immunity.
Q: Is Vital Cal Chewable Tablet a health supplement? Can it be harmful if I take it too much?
A: Yes, taking too much of Vital Cal Chewable Tablet can be harmful. Excess vitamin D can get deposited in the liver and fat cells. It can lead to increased calcium levels, nausea, vomiting, kidney stones in the body. If you think you have taken too much of this supplement, seek medical attention immediately.
Q: Can I take Vital Cal Chewable Tablet if I am pregnant?
A: Vital Cal Chewable Tablet should be taken under medical supervision by a pregnant woman. High doses of Vitamin D are not be taken in pregnancy.
Q: Why does vitamin D deficiency occur?
A: It can happen due to limited exposure to sunlight, inability of kidneys to convert vitamin D into active form and poor absorption from the intestine. It is also common among individuals allergic to milk products, lactose intolerant and following some specific diet like ovo-vegetarianism and veganism.
Q: Can I take Vital Cal Chewable Tablet daily?
A: Vital Cal Chewable Tablet is a high dose of vitamin D and not meant for daily consumption. High doses of vitamin D are to be taken once a week for a few weeks as advised by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 26 Apr 2021 | 06:15 PM (IST)
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved