Vibazine Dt 200mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Vibazime Dt 200 MG Description
Vibazime Dt Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ea
r and cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Vibazime Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
- Hifen Dt 200mg TabletBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.25₹ 95.4145.76% CHEAPER₹ 9.54/Tablet
- Topcef Dt 200mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.75₹ 74.5657.59% CHEAPER₹ 7.46/Tablet
- Omnix Dt 200mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.66₹ 83.0152.81% CHEAPER₹ 8.30/Tablet
- Ziprax Dt 200mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.42₹ 93.0147.13% CHEAPER₹ 9.30/Tablet
- Extacef Dt 200mg TabletBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7554.12% CHEAPER₹ 8.08/Tablet
- Ritecef O 200mg Dt Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.74₹ 95.8945.48% CHEAPER₹ 9.59/Tablet
Uses of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
- Vibazime Dt Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Vibazime Dt Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Vibazime Dt Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Vibazime Dt Tablet.
Mode of Action of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
- Vibazime Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vibazime Dt Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Vibazime Dt Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
- Store Vibazime Dt Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Vibazime Dt 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Vibazime Dt Tablet for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Vibazime Dt Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Vibazime Dt Tablet if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Vibazime Dt Tablet?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]