10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vertigen tablet is used to provide symptomatic relief in vertigo (a condition where one loses balance and experiences a spinning sensation in the head) and nausea due to vertigo. It consists of cinnar
izine and dimenhydrinate as its active ingredients. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking. Vertigen tablets should not be used in children below 18 years of age. It is advised to avoid operating machines and driving while on this medicine....
Uses of Vertigen Tablet
Vertigen tablet is used for the treatment of vertigo.
Contraindications of Vertigen Tablet
- If you are allergic to cinnarizine, dimenhydrinate or any of the ingredients of the Vertigen tablet.
- If you are under the age of 18 years.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes), epilepsy (fits), increased pressure in the brain (like due to a tumour) or any other underlying health conditions.
- If you have an alcohol addiction.
- If you have prostate problems or difficulty in passing urine, kidney or liver problems.
Side effects of Vertigen Tablet
- Dry Mouth
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Vertigen Tablet
Can I take the Vertigen tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Vertigen tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid the use of this medicine if you are breastfeeding as there is no information is available on the use of this medicine during breastfeeding. Thus, it is recommended that breastfeeding mothers should not take this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Vertigen tablet?
Vertigen tablet may make you feel sleepy. Therefore do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with the Vertigen tablet?
Alcohol may increase the side effect of the Vertigen tablet such as drowsiness, sleepiness. Thus, it is recommended to avoid drinking alcohol while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as low or high blood pressure, heart disease, overactive thyroid gland, bowel problem, depression, etc.
- You have increased pressure in the eyes.
- You are suffering from enlarged prostate glands or have difficulty in passing urine.
- You have Parkinson’s disease.
- You have a severe infection and generalized illness.
Mode of Action of Vertigen Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cinnarizine blocks the calcium channels present in the blood vessels and thus prevents the constriction of blood vessels of the inner ear. Thus, improving the blood flow and microcirculation within the inner ear....Read more
- Dimenhydrinate blocks the effect of histamine, which is responsible for other symptoms related to vertigo. A combination of these medicine helps the patients to carry on with daily activities.
Directions for Use of Vertigen Tablet
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Vertigen Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Vertigen tablet works or the Vertigen tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, strong painkillers like opioids, anti-depressants, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunosuppressants, medicines for brain-related disorders, anti-cancer medicines, etc....Read more
- Do not take the Vertigen tablet with antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamicin, amikacin, neomycin, (as ear damage due to aminoglycosides antibiotics may go unnoticed).
Storage and disposal of Vertigen Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Vertigen Tablet
Symptom of an overdose may include tiredness, dizziness, dry mouth, fast heartbeat or shaky feeling, etc. In case you happen to take too much of the Vertigen tablet, immediately inform your doctor or
reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of the Vertigen tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule. Do not ta
ke a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to stop the Vertigen tablet?
A: Do not stop this medicine by yourself. Stopping this medicine may increase the chances of reappearance of the symptoms. Therefore, always take the doctor's advice before stopping it.
Q: Can I suggest the Vertigen tablet for people with a similar type of condition?
A: Never suggest the Vertigen tablet or any other medicine to anyone, even if their condition is similar to yours. Only a qualified doctor should prescribe it.
Q: Is the Vertigen tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming have been noticed with the Vertigen tablet.
Q: For how long can I take the Vertigen tablet?
A: You must continue taking the Vertigen tablets for as long as it is prescribed. Consult your doctor if you have any issues with taking it.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CIZINATE [Internet]. Nps.org.au. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Cinnarizine 15 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Cinnarizine 15 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Autacoids and Related Drugs: 159-210.
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Gastrointestinal Drugs: 647-672.
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved