Vertigen Tablet Description
Vertigen tablet is used to provide symptomatic relief in vertigo (a condition where one loses balance and experiences a spinning sensation in the head) and nausea due to vertigo. It consists of cinna
rizine and dimenhydrinate as its active ingredients. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking. Vertigen tablets should not be used in children below 18 years of age. It is advised to avoid operating machines and driving while on this medicine.
- Cimenza TabletBy Arinna Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.28₹ 106.28₹
- Gemvert Tablets 10'sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.25₹ 85.21₹
- Vertizac Tablets 15'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 176.00₹ 149.60₹
- Vertigon D TabletBy Geno Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.50₹ 63.50₹
- Stugil D Tablets 6'sBy Janssen6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 72.60₹ 60.98₹
- Stugeron Plus TabletBy Johnson & Johnson10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 167.50₹ 142.37₹
- Spinfree Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 135.15₹
- Diziliv Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Icon Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 76.50₹
- Dizitac TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 125.00₹ 106.25₹
Uses of Vertigen Tablet
Contraindications of Vertigen Tablet
- If you are allergic to cinnarizine, dimenhydrinate or any of the ingredients of the Vertigen tablet.
- If you are under the age of 18 years.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes), epilepsy (fits), increased pressure in the brain (like due to a tumour) or any other underlying health conditions.
- If you have an alcohol addiction.
- If you have prostate problems or difficulty in passing urine, kidney or liver problems.
Side effects of Vertigen Tablet
- Dry Mouth
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Vertigen Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as low or high blood pressure, heart disease, overactive thyroid gland, bowel problem, depression, etc.
- You have increased pressure in the eyes.
- You are suffering from enlarged prostate glands or have difficulty in passing urine.
- You have Parkinson’s disease.
- You have a severe infection and generalized illness.
Mode of Action of Vertigen Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cinnarizine blocks the calcium channels present in the blood vessels and thus prevents the constriction of blood vessels of the inner ear. Thus, improving the blood flow and microcirculation within the inner ear....
- Dimenhydrinate blocks the effect of histamine, which is responsible for other symptoms related to vertigo. A combination of these medicine helps the patients to carry on with daily activities.
Directions for Use of Vertigen Tablet
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Vertigen Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Vertigen tablet works or the Vertigen tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, strong painkillers like opioids, anti-depressants, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunosuppressants, medicines for brain-related disorders, anti-cancer medicines, etc....
- Do not take the Vertigen tablet with antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamicin, amikacin, neomycin, (as ear damage due to aminoglycosides antibiotics may go unnoticed).
Storage and disposal of Vertigen Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Vertigen Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to stop the Vertigen tablet?
Q: Can I suggest the Vertigen tablet for people with a similar type of condition?
Q: Is the Vertigen tablet habit-forming?
Q: For how long can I take the Vertigen tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CIZINATE [Internet]. Nps.org.au. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Cinnarizine 15 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Cinnarizine 15 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Autacoids and Related Drugs: 159-210.
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Gastrointestinal Drugs: 647-672.