Vertex 5mg Tablets
By ULTRAMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vertex 5 MG Description
Vertex 5 is a neuroleptic, also known as antipsychotic medication. It is used to manage symptoms of many psychiatric disorders. Vertex 5 is a medicine that contains active medicine such as PROCHLORP
ERAZINE 5 mg. Vertex 5 Is used to manage nausea, vomiting associated with migraine and vertigo associated with Meniere's disease. A migraine is a headache associated with throbbing pain, usually on one side of the head. Prochlorperazine has a wide range of activity arising from its depressant actions on the Central nervous system. It acts by blocking a type of receptor known as the dopamine receptor in the brain.
|You Save||₹1.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||For management of nausea, vomiting, postoperative emesis (vomiting) & migraine|
|Side effects||Angioedema and urticaria, Dry mouth, Acute dystonia or dyskinesias, Convulsions, Cardiac arrhythmias, Decrease blood pressure|
Check more medicines with composition as Prochlorperazine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Vertex 5 MG
- As per CDSCO,
- For management of nausea, vomiting, postoperative emesis (vomiting) & migraine
Contraindications of Vertex 5 MG
- Patients with hypersensitivity to the active substance or any excipients.
- It should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disorders.
- It should be used with caution in patients with Parkinson's disease.
- It is not recommended for use in children with acute infections such as chickenpox and dehydration as these conditions make them more prone to develop serious side effects.
Side effects of Vertex 5 MG
- Angioedema and urticaria (an allergic reaction characterised by redness, itching, and raised swollen lesions)
- Dry mouth
- Acute dystonia or dyskinesias (a movement disorder with sudden and repeated muscle contraction)
- Convulsions (fits)
- Cardiac arrhythmias (irregular heart beats)
- Decrease blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Vertex 5 MG
Can I take a Vertex 5 tablet during pregnancy?
This medication is unsafe during pregnancy as there is inadequate data regarding its safety and effects on the baby. Please inform your doctor regarding your pregnancy or intention to conceive at the time of prescription of Vertex 5 mg.
Can I take a Vertex 5 tablet while breastfeeding?
This medication is unsafe during breastfeeding as it is excreted into breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding at the time of prescription of Vertex 5 mg.
Can I drive if I have taken a Vertex 5 tablet?
It is not advisable to drive or operate any other heavy machinery when using this medication as it affects patients' alertness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Vertex 5 tablet?
Consuming alcohol with this medication can cause serious side effects such as sedation as both acts as Central nervous system depressants. It is strictly contraindicated.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Close monitoring is required in patients with epilepsy or a history of seizures, as phenothiazines may lower the seizure threshold.
- It should be used with caution in patients taking chemotherapeutic agents for cancer treatment. This is because it masks an important side effect of chemotherapeutic medications, vomiting. Other side effects should be looked out for....
- Patients given Vertex postoperatively should be monitored closely as aspiration of vomitus has been found to occur.
Mode of Action of Vertex 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Vertex 5 acts by decreasing the release of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is related to the therapeutic effect in psychotic conditions. It also acts on the vestibular apparatus (responsible for head movement)in the ear and helps to get relief from vertigo. Dopamine inhibiting properties also help to get relief from nausea and vomiting....
Directions for Use of Vertex 5 MG
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- It is recommended to take this medication on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day, for optimal pharmacological effects of this medication.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
Interactions of Vertex 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- It should be used with caution in patients on blood thinners such as aspirin or warfarin as it reduces the efficacy of these medications.
- They should be used with caution in patients taking diuretics (medications that increase urine output) belonging to the thiazide group as it can aggravate the drop in blood pressure due to Vertex.
- It should be used with caution in patients on guanethidine or related medications as it reduces the action of these medications.
- It should not be prescribed with propranolol, as it will result in a higher blood level of both medications.
- It should be used with caution in patients on anticonvulsant (for managing fits) medications. A higher dose of the tablets may be required.
Storage and disposal of Vertex 5 MG
Store in a cool and dry place away from direct light and moisture. Do not use the medicine after the date of expiration. Keep the tablets away from children and pets. Do not flush the medication down the toilet. Dispose of it with biomedical waste only....
Dosage of Vertex 5 MG
Symptoms of Vertex 5 overdose include drowsiness or loss of consciousness, hypotension, tachycardia, ECG changes, and hypothermia (drop in body temperature). There may be a dilatation of blood vessels in the body that results in shock due to impaired circulation of blood. If you take too much of the Vertex 5 tablet, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of this tablet, it is advised to take it as soon as possible. If the duration missed is too long, and it is almost time for the next dose, it is recommended to skip the missed dose and go back to the regular schedule. Do not double the dose of the tablet...
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I feel very dizzy after taking Vertex. What should I do?
A: Dizziness is a known side effect of Vertex. It can occur due to a drop in blood pressure after taking the medication. Always consult your doctor regarding any side effects to understand how to manage them.
Q: Can I stop these medicines by myself after I feel better?
A: Acute withdrawal symptoms, including nausea, vomiting and insomnia, have rarely been reported following the abrupt cessation of high doses of prochlorperazine. Gradual withdrawal is advisable under the guidance of a physician.
Q: Is it safe to take these medicines with liver disease?
A: Vertex 5 mg is metabolised through the liver. It is advisable to consult a physician as a dose adjustment may be needed.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed