200md Inhaler in Device
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ventorlin Inhaler contains salbutamol as its active medicine packed in the form of powder for inhalation. Salbutamol helps to provide relief from breathing difficulty due to asthma, allergic conditions and exertion in children over 4 years and adults. This is a reliever inhaler which means it is to be used when you experience difficulty in breathing. Complete treatment of asthma includes some other medicines along with this inhaler.
Uses of Ventorlin Inhaler
- Wheezing, shortness of breath due to an allergic reaction (allergic bronchitis)
- Exertion/exercise-induced breathing difficulty
Contraindications of Ventorlin Inhaler
If you are allergic to salbutamol, lactose - a milk protein or any other ingredients of this inhaler. If you are at risk of abortion or early labour.
Side effects of Ventorlin Inhaler
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Increased heart rate (palpitation)
- Muscle cramps
- Irritation in the throat, cough immediately after inhalation can be avoided by rinsing the mouth after using the inhaler
- Rashes, swelling in and around the mouth leading to difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Ventorlin Inhaler
Can I use Ventorlin Inhaler during pregnancy?
You should not use this during pregnancy unless and until it has been prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Ventorlin Inhaler while breastfeeding?
You must avoid the use of Ventorlin Inhaler if you breastfeed your baby. Use this medicine only when it is clearly prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Ventorlin Inhaler?
Ventorlin Inhaler does not influence your ability to drive. You can drive if you feel comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Ventorlin Inhaler?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often, discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are diabetic.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infection in your lungs or airways.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You need to use this inhaler more frequently than the frequency recommended by your doctor.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
- You are allergic to milk (lactose or galactose intolerance).
Mode of Action of Ventorlin Inhaler
How Does It Work?
Ventorlin Inhaler contains a quick-acting anti-asthmatic medicine - salbutamol which widens the airways and makes breathing easier in patients with asthma and other reversible breathing difficulty conditions. It thus relieves the symptoms of wheezing and shortness of breath.
Directions for Use of Ventorlin Inhaler
- Learn the proper technique of using this inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
- There is a counter which subtracts 1 after each puff so that you may keep a track of your remaining dose. Never use your inhaler once the counter shows 000, it's time to dispose of and start with a new inhaler.read less
Interactions of Ventorlin Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Ventorlin Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines for mental disorders should be administered carefully.
- If medicines for any heart problem is going on.
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on.
- If any other medicine for asthma or xanthine medicines (theophylline, aminophylline) can disturb blood potassium levels.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Ventorlin Inhaler
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ventorlin Inhaler
If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately as you may face some serious complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Ventorlin Inhaler?
- Follow the given steps carefully to use Ventorlin Inhaler-
- It is important to breathe as slowly as possible just before using your inhaler.
- Stand or sit upright when using your inhaler. Remove the mouthpiece cover. Check inside and outside to make sure that the mouthpiece is clean and free of loose objects.
- Shake the inhaler 4 or 5 times to ensure that any loose objects are removed and that the contents of the inhaler are evenly mixed.
- Hold the inhaler upright with your thumb on the base, below the mouthpiece. Breathe out as far as is comfortable. Place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth. Close your lips around it. Do not bite.read less
- Breathe in through your mouth slowly and deeply. Just after starting to breathe in, press firmly down on the top of the canister to release a puff of medicine. Do this while still breathing in steadily and deeply.read less
- Hold your breath, take the inhaler from your mouth and your finger from the top of the inhaler and continue holding your breath for a few seconds or as long as is comfortable.
- Wait for about half a minute between taking each puff of medicine and then repeat steps 3 to 7.
- Afterwards, rinse your mouth with water and spit it out and/or brush your teeth. This may help to stop you from getting throat irritation and becoming hoarse.
- After use always replace the mouthpiece cover straight away to keep out dust. When the mouthpiece cover is fitted correctly it will ‘click’ into position. If it does not ‘click’ into place, turn the mouthpiece cover the other way round and try again.read less
Q: Is Ventorlin Inhaler addictive?
A: Ventorlin Inhaler is not at all addictive. It is an effective and useful medicine for people suffering from breathing difficulties due to asthma, allergic bronchitis and exercise induced shortness of breath.
Q: Does Ventorlin Inhaler contain steroids?
A: No, Ventorlin Inhaler does not contain any steroids, however, for the complete treatment of asthma your doctor may give you another maintenance inhaler or tablets containing steroid medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take while using Ventorlin Inhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Ventorlin Inhaler with you.
- Get a new inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved