200md Metered Dose Inhaler in Box
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler contains salbutamol as its active medicine packed in the form of powder for inhalation. Salbutamol helps to provide relief from breathing difficulty due to asthma, allergic conditions and exertion in children over 4 years and adults. This is a reliever inhaler which means it is to be used when you experience difficulty in breathing. Complete treatment of asthma includes some other medicines along with this inhaler....
|You Save||₹13.99 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Salbutamol / Albuterol(100.0 Mcg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Salbutamol / Albuterol(100.0 Mcg)
Uses of Ventorlin 100 MCG
- Wheezing, shortness of breath due to an allergic reaction (allergic bronchitis)
- Exertion/exercise-induced breathing difficulty
Contraindications of Ventorlin 100 MCG
If you are allergic to salbutamol, lactose - a milk protein or any other ingredients of this inhaler. If you are at risk of abortion or early labour.
Side effects of Ventorlin 100 MCG
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Increased heart rate (palpitation)
- Muscle cramps
- Irritation in the throat, cough immediately after inhalation can be avoided by rinsing the mouth after using the inhaler
- Rashes, swelling in and around the mouth leading to difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Ventorlin 100 MCG
Can I use Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler during pregnancy?
You should not use this during pregnancy unless and until it has been prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler while breastfeeding?
You must avoid the use of Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler if you breastfeed your baby. Use this medicine only when it is clearly prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler does not influence your ability to drive. You can drive if you feel comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often, discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are diabetic.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infection in your lungs or airways.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You need to use this inhaler more frequently than the frequency recommended by your doctor.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
- You are allergic to milk (lactose or galactose intolerance).
Mode of Action of Ventorlin 100 MCG
How Does It Work?
Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler contains a quick-acting anti-asthmatic medicine - salbutamol which widens the airways and makes breathing easier in patients with asthma and other reversible breathing difficulty conditions. It thus relieves the symptoms of wheezing and shortness of breath....
Directions for Use of Ventorlin 100 MCG
- Learn the proper technique of using this inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
- There is a counter which subtracts 1 after each puff so that you may keep a track of your remaining dose. Never use your inhaler once the counter shows 000, it's time to dispose of and start with a new inhaler....
Interactions of Ventorlin 100 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines for mental disorders should be administered carefully.
- If medicines for any heart problem is going on.
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on.
- If any other medicine for asthma or xanthine medicines (theophylline, aminophylline) can disturb blood potassium levels.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Ventorlin 100 MCG
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ventorlin 100 MCG
If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately as you may face some serious complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler?
- Follow the given steps carefully to use Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler-
- It is important to breathe as slowly as possible just before using your inhaler.
- Stand or sit upright when using your inhaler. Remove the mouthpiece cover. Check inside and outside to make sure that the mouthpiece is clean and free of loose objects.
- Shake the inhaler 4 or 5 times to ensure that any loose objects are removed and that the contents of the inhaler are evenly mixed.
- Hold the inhaler upright with your thumb on the base, below the mouthpiece. Breathe out as far as is comfortable. Place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth. Close your lips around it. Do not bite....
- Breathe in through your mouth slowly and deeply. Just after starting to breathe in, press firmly down on the top of the canister to release a puff of medicine. Do this while still breathing in steadily and deeply....
- Hold your breath, take the inhaler from your mouth and your finger from the top of the inhaler and continue holding your breath for a few seconds or as long as is comfortable.
- Wait for about half a minute between taking each puff of medicine and then repeat steps 3 to 7.
- Afterwards, rinse your mouth with water and spit it out and/or brush your teeth. This may help to stop you from getting throat irritation and becoming hoarse.
- After use always replace the mouthpiece cover straight away to keep out dust. When the mouthpiece cover is fitted correctly it will ‘click’ into position. If it does not ‘click’ into place, turn the mouthpiece cover the other way round and try again....
Q: Is Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler addictive?
A: Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler is not at all addictive. It is an effective and useful medicine for people suffering from breathing difficulties due to asthma, allergic bronchitis and exercise induced shortness of breath.
Q: Does Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler contain steroids?
A: No, Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler does not contain any steroids, however, for the complete treatment of asthma your doctor may give you another maintenance inhaler or tablets containing steroid medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take while using Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Ventorlin Metered-Dose Inhaler with you.
- Get a new inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.