Veloair 100mg Capsules
Veloair 100 MG Description
Veloair Capsule is used to provide relief from cough associated with mucous in a respiratory problem such as asthma and bronchitis. It contains ambroxol as its active ingredient. It is an antitussive
medicine that reduces the viscosity of mucous or loosens it up within the airways, thus makes breathing easy. It should be used with caution in patients with stomach ulcers. Veloair Capsules should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Veloair 100 MG
Contraindications of Veloair 100 MG
Side effects of Veloair 100 MG
- Altered taste
- Numbness in throat and mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Veloair 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disorders, fits, any hereditary disorder, stomach ulcers etc.
- You experience any kind of allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have secretion-related problems.
- It should not be given to children below six years of age unless prescribed by the doctor.
- You have recently taken any other medicine containing the same ingredient.
Mode of Action of Veloair 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Veloair 100 MG
- Take Veloair Capsule according to your doctor's prescription.
- This medicine is for oral use only.
- Take it only in the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with water.
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine.
- Check its expiry date before using it.
Interactions of Veloair 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Veloair Capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Taking Veloair Capsule while already being on an antibiotic medication may increase the action of antibiotics.
Storage and disposal of Veloair 100 MG
- Keep this medicine away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine post its expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperature not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius.
- This medicine does not need any special storage conditions.
Dosage of Veloair 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Veloair for dry cough?
Q: For how long can I use the Veloair Capsule?
- Ambroxol Sandoz 30 mg tablets [Internet]. Ravimiregister.ee. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Respiratory System Drugs: 218-233.
- Ambroxol: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]