Veldil 160mg Tablets
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Veldil 160mg Tablets Description
Veldil 160mg Tab contains valsartan as its active ingredient. Veldil 160mg Tab is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers blood pressure by inhibiting the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly through blood vessels and the heart to pump more efficiently. It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart related problem following a heart attack. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Veldil 160mg Tablets
- Veldil 160mg Tab is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart problems following a heart attack.
Contraindications of Veldil 160mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Valsartan or any other ingredients of Veldil 160mg Tab .
- If you are on any medicine containing Aliskiren.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from jaundice or you have diabetes.
Side effects of Veldil 160mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Body pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Veldil 160mg Tablets
Can I take Veldil 160mg Tab during pregnancy?
Veldil 160mg Tab should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects on the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Veldil 160mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Veldil 160mg Tab is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Veldil 160mg Tab ?
Veldil 160mg Tab may make you dizzy, thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Veldil 160mg Tab ?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Veldil 160mg Tab .
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from heart disease.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have dehydration, diarrhoea or are vomiting.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You are on a low salt diet.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels or on medicines that increase the amount of potassium in your blood (like heparin, amiloride, etc).
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- You are less than 18 years old and are on Valsartan in combination with other medicines.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Veldil 160mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Valsartan in Veldil 160mg Tab works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily. As a result of which the blood pressure is lowered....
Directions for Use of Veldil 160mg Tablets
Veldil 160mg Tab should be taken as directed by your physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it regularly at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Veldil 160mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Veldil 160mg Tab may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Veldil 160mg Tab when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Veldil 160mg Tab .
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with Veldil 160mg Tab .
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with Veldil 160mg Tab .
Storage and disposal of Veldil 160mg Tablets
- Veldil 160mg Tab should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Veldil 160mg Tablets
Overdose of Veldil 160mg Tab may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Veldil 160mg Tab , take it as soon as you remember, if it is almost time for your next dose then skip the missed dose. Please do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Veldil 160mg Tab ?
A: Veldil 160mg Tab is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent or reduce certain other heart problems like a heart attack or stroke.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet that has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables.
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight.
- Avoid smoking or drinking.
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits.
Q: How to take Veldil 160mg Tab ?
A: Veldil 160mg Tab should be taken as directed by your physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Veldil 160mg Tab if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Veldil 160mg Tab suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay