Velacar 800mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Velacar 800 MG Description
Velacar Tablet is used to regulate the increased levels of phosphates in blood in individuals with severe kidney disease. It is also used in patients who undergo dialysis. It contains sevelamer, whic
h belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders. It works by binding to the phosphates and reduces the levels of phosphate in the blood. Velacar should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
- Sevcar 800mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 584.05₹ 496.45₹ 49.65/Tablet
- Sevelabind 800mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Repens Healthcare India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 420.00₹ 378.00₹ 37.8/Tablet
- Selbo 800mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 436.00₹ 370.60₹ 37.06/Tablet
- Renecar 800 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Rene Lifescience Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 400.00₹ 340.00₹ 34.00/Tablet
- Phoscut 800mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Steadfast Medishield Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.00₹ 153.4553.43% CHEAPER₹ 15.35/Tablet
- Revlamer 800mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 203.00₹ 172.5547.63% CHEAPER₹ 17.26/Tablet
Uses of Velacar 800 MG
Contraindications of Velacar 800 MG
- If you are allergic to sevelamer or any other ingredients of Velacar Tablet
- If you have difficulty in passing stools
- If you have low levels of phosphorous
Side effects of Velacar 800 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Velacar 800 MG
- You should consult your doctor before using Velacar Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Other General Warnings
- You have undergone a major stomach or bowel surgery
- You have problems with the bowel movement (digestion problem)
- You have difficulty in swallowing foods or liquids
- You have severe stomach pain or intestine disorders
- You notice blood in your stools (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- You are suffering from a condition when the parathyroid gland becomes overactive and leads to a raise in calcium level (hyperparathyroidism) and when thyroid gland doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism)...
- During the treatment you may develop low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid in your blood and therefore your doctor may monitor these levels.
Mode of Action of Velacar 800 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Velacar 800 MG
- Velacar Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Velacar 800 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Velacar Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Velacar Tablet can reduce the effect of the antibiotic ciprofloxacin when used together.
- Medicines used for heart rhythm problems or for epilepsy like amiodarone, quinidine, phenytoin should be given after a gap of at least 1 hour before and 3 hours after the administration of Velacar Tablet...
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole, pantoprazole or lansoprazole may interfere with the efficacy of this tablet on concomitant use
- This medicine can reduce the effect of medicines acting on immune system like ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus when used simultaneously.
- Close monitoring of the hormone levels is recommended if this medicine is taken along with levothyroxine to treat low thyroid hormone levels.
Storage and disposal of Velacar 800 MG
- Store Velacar Tablets at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Velacar 800 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Velacar Tablet?
Q: Does Velacar Tablet contain a steroid?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]