Utichek Sr 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Utichek Sr 100 MG Description
Utichek Sr Tablet is an antibiotic, used to treat and prevent uncomplicated urinary tract infections, caused by infection-causing bacteria. Urinary tract infection is a common infection that happens
when microbes enter the urethra, it is characterised by burning sensation or pain while urinating. Utichek Sr Tablet consists of nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infection.You should always complete the course of treatment, as incomplete treatment may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
|Uses||Urinary tract infections|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, gas, stomach discomfort|
Check more medicines with composition as Nitrofurantoin(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Utichek Sr 100 MG
Utichek Sr Tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of urinary tract infections caused by bacteria.
Contraindications of Utichek Sr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredient of Utichek Sr Tablet.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems including jaundice.
- If you suffer from a blood-related disorder called acute porphyria.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- This medicine should not be used in children.
Side effects of Utichek Sr 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Utichek Sr 100 MG
Can I take the Utichek Sr Tablets during pregnancy?
Utichek Sr Tablets should not be used during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy, while on this medicine.
Can I take the Utichek Sr Tablets while breastfeeding?
Inform your doctor before using the Utichek Sr Tablet if you are a breastfeeding woman. The treating doctor may suggest you either discontinue the breastfeeding or this medicine, after assessing the need and benefit.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Utichek Sr Tablets?
Utichek Sr Tablet may cause drowsiness and dizziness, thus it is advised to avoid or be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Utichek Sr Tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking the Utichek Sr Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any respiratory system, kidney, liver-related problems.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Utichek Sr.
- You suffer from anaemia, diabetes or vitamin B deficiency or electrolyte imbalance.
- You develop any brain, kidney or liver-related problem after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Utichek Sr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Utichek Sr Tablets consist of nitrofurantoin which works by killing the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Utichek Sr 100 MG
- Utichek Sr Tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, or milk. Take this medicine with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Utichek Sr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with the Utichek Sr Tablet or this Tablet itself can affect the way other medicines works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking.
- Especially, if you are taking antacids, water pills and antigout medicines such as probenecid and sulfinpyrazone.
Storage and disposal of Utichek Sr 100 MG
- Store the Utichek Sr Tablets in a cool and dry. Protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the sight of children and pets.
- Discard off the unused and expired medicine appropriately. Do not flush the medicine into the sink.
Dosage of Utichek Sr 100 MG
An overdose of the Utichek Sr Tablet may cause nausea, vomiting and gastric irritation. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Utichek Sr Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Utichek Sr Tablets be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, Utichek Sr Tablet should be taken with food or milk or after having a meal.
Q: Can I stop taking the Utichek Sr Tablet if I feel I am recovering?
A: You need to continue taking this medicine until advised by your doctor. If you stop taking it before completing the treatment, it may increase the risk of recurrence of infection.
- CDSCO | Nitrofurantoin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Macrobid ® Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Suffering from a urinary tract infection? [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed