Uterowin 0.125mg Tablets
Uterowin 0.125 MG Description
Uterowin Tablet contains methyl ergometrine. It is used after childbirth to prevent or stop uterine bleeding. Uterowin works by increasing the rate and strength of uterine contractions which helps in
controlling bleeding. Headache, high blood pressure, nausea or vomiting are some of the side effects of Uterowin Tablet. If side effects do not go away on their own or your condition doesn't improve over time then inform your doctor.
Uses of Uterowin 0.125 MG
Contraindications of Uterowin 0.125 MG
- If you are allergic to methyl ergometrine or any other ingredients of Uterowin Tablet.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant and had high blood pressure, the presence of protein in the urine and swelling of feet, hands or face.
Side effects of Uterowin 0.125 MG
- High blood pressure
- Pain in the stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Uterowin 0.125 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- You have diabetes or you are obese.
- Your doctor had told you that your blood cholesterol level is high.
Mode of Action of Uterowin 0.125 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Uterowin 0.125 MG
- Take Uterowin Tablet with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or after food.
Interactions of Uterowin 0.125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Uterowin Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for heart diseases and HIV infection.
Storage and disposal of Uterowin 0.125 MG
- Store Uterowin Tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.