Twicyl 250mg Capsules
Twicyl 250 MG Description
Twicyl Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections like infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin as an
active ingredient. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Twicyl Capsule or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective treatment. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
- Cipmox 250mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 41.16₹ 35.0023.86% CHEAPER₹ 2.33/Capsule
- Esoxycin 250mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 24.50₹ 21.8028.76% CHEAPER₹ 2.18/Capsule
- Novamox 250mg CapsuleBy Cipla Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 40.99₹ 34.8424.18% CHEAPER₹ 2.32/Capsule
- Mox 250mg CapsuleBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 40.99₹ 34.8424.18% CHEAPER₹ 2.32/Capsule
- Wymox 250mg CapsuleBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 36.62₹ 32.6029.08% CHEAPER₹ 2.17/Capsule
Uses of Twicyl 250 MG
- Twicyl Capsule is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
- It used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
Contraindications of Twicyl 250 MG
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or other components of this Twicyl Capsule.
- Having a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor.
Side effects of Twicyl 250 MG
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Twicyl 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease then dose adjustments are required.
- People with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Twicyl 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Twicyl 250 MG
- Twicyl Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- Avoid overdose of the medicine.
Interactions of Twicyl 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Twicyl Capsule works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Twicyl 250 MG
- Store below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Twicyl 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Twicyl Capsule safe to use in pregnancy?
Q: What is Twicyl Capsule prescribed for?
- Novamox Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]