Tryp 10mg Tablet
Tryp 10 MG Description
Tryp 10 mg Tablet is a tricyclic antidepressant used in the treatment of depression. Different dosages of this medication aid in alleviating ailments, including depression, neuropathic pain, and migr
aines. Because it has the tendency to induce sleep, Tryp 10 mg Tablet is usually given at night. Tryp 10 mg Tablet can be consumed with or without meals. Your doctor will recommend the dosage and how often you should take it to appropriately manage your symptoms based on your condition. The doctor may start the treatment with a low dose and gradually increase it under strict supervision. Therefore, Tryp 10 mg Tablet may take around 4 to 6 weeks to begin functioning. Do not abruptly stop consuming Tryp 10 mg Tablet before informing your practitioner. Stopping your medication might worsen your illness or produce other side effects. Before quitting Tryp 10 mg Tablet, your dose is reduced or adjusted. Tryp 10 mg Tablet is not addictive, but you may suffer extra adverse effects if you quit consuming it suddenly. The majority of typical side effects are minor
|You Save||₹3.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of depression, neuropathic pain, and migraine|
|Side effects||Constipation, increased heart rate, aggressive behaviour, orthostatic hypotension or sudden reduction in blood pressure while standing, weight gain, dryness in the mouth, nasal congestion or running nose, speech disorder|
Uses of Tryp 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, Tryp 10 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of neuropathic pain
- Treatment of migraine.
Contraindications of Tryp 10 MG
- If you are allergic to the active or inactive elements of Tryp 10 mg Tablet
- If you currently take monoamine oxidase inhibitors or have taken them in the last 14 days
- If you are using cisapride, a gastroprokinetic agent
- If you have a history of heart attack
- If you have severe liver impairment
Side effects of Tryp 10 MG
- Increased heart rate
- Aggressive behaviour
- Orthostatic hypotension or sudden reduction in blood pressure while standing
- Weight gain
- Dryness in mouth
- Nasal congestion or running nose
- Speech disorder
Precautions and Warnings of Tryp 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience abrupt mood swings or suicidal thoughts.
- You conceive during the course of Tryp Tabs or are planning a pregnancy.
- You experience sexual dysfunction.
- Tryp 10 mg Tablet might induce a sharp drop in blood pressure. You must get up gently after lying down or sitting.
Mode of Action of Tryp 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tryp 10 MG
- Tryp 10 mg Tablet should be consumed orally.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, consume the recommended dose of Tryp Tablet at the same time every day for the prescribed duration.
- Do not alter the dose of Tryp 10 mg Tablet, or consume it more frequently than your doctor suggests.
- Even if you feel better, do not stop taking Tryp 10 mg Tablet.
- Discontinuing Tryp 10 mg Tablet abruptly may cause withdrawal symptoms, including nausea, headache, and energy loss. Your physician will taper the dose before stopping the treatment.
Interactions of Tryp 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tryp 10 mg Tablet might interact with the following medications and cause severe side effects such as increased heart rate, constipation, and weight gain. The medications are:
- Pain killers including hydrocodone, trazodone, acetaminophen, tramadol, oxycodone
- Sedatives such as zolpidem
- Antianxiety like alprazolam
- Antidepressants including fluoxetine, sertraline, bupropion, duloxetine
- Muscle relaxant such as cyclobenzaprine
- Anti-thyroid like levothyroxine
Interactions with food items
- There is no interaction between Tryp 10 mg Tablet and food. A regular diet can be followed unless advised otherwise by the physician.
Storage and disposal of Tryp 10 MG
Dosage of Tryp 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Tryp 10 mg Tablet have an impact on my sex life?
Q: What should I be aware of while receiving Tryp 10 mg Tablet therapy?
Q: Is it possible to put on weight when using Tryp 10 mg Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from:
- Amitriptyline: Acquired long QT syndrome complicated with recurrent Torsades de Pointes: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2022 Mar 5];1568(1):27–27. Available from:
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride 10mg/5ml Oral Solution [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from: