Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Triolmesar Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of Amlodipine, Olmesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to control high blood pressure. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to it, are more than 3 months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before starting Triolmesar Tablet, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines you take. Also, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Uses of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
Triolmesar Tablet is used in treating high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or Olmesartan or Hydrochlorothiazide or any other ingredients of Triolmesar Tablet.
- If you have diabetes or some kidney issues and are taking medicines containing aliskiren to treat your high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from any heart conditions like shock, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, low pulse or heart output, etc.
- If you have low potassium, low sodium, high calcium or high uric acid levels in your blood.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have low blood pressure.
Side effects of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
- Diarrhoea; constipation, gas
- Weakness, tiredness, sleepiness
- Swelling of ankles
- Runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose
- Sore throat, cough
- Body pain, joint pain, bone pain
- Blurred vision
- Frequent urination, urinary tract infection
- Difficulty in breathing, chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
Can I take Triolmesar Tablet during pregnancy?
Triolmesar Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby. If you get pregnant while on treatment, inform your doctor immediately. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Triolmesar Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Triolmesar Tablet pass into breastmilk and may cause harm to the unborn baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended for use while breastfeeding. Your doctor may suggest an alternative medicine, especially when you are breastfeeding a newborn or premature baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Triolmesar Tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, sleepiness and dizziness while taking Triolmesar Tablet. Thus, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Triolmesar Tablet?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Triolmesar Tablet as it may worsen your side-effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting.
- You suffer from any heart diseases.
- You have asthma or any other allergies.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are suffering from an autoimmune condition called lupus.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- You experience severe diarrhoea causing to weight loss or eye pain or reduced vision.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You experience any skin reactions (skin rash, redness, sunburns) on being exposed to sunlight.
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- Triolmesar Tablet is not recommended for patients less than 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Triolmesar Tablet works by the combined action of all three main components–Amlodipine, Olmesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Amlodipine and Olmesartan work by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Hydrochlorothiazide works by helping the body get rid of extra fluid or water through urine, eventually lowering your blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
Triolmesar Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Triolmesar Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Concomitant use of Triolmesar Tablet along with lithium (used in psychiatric illness) is not recommended. If the use is necessary, your doctor may monitor your blood lithium levels regularly.
- You should avoid taking medicines (like aliskiren, Captopril, Candesartan) along with this medicine, as it may increase your risk of having more side effects.
- Simultaneous use of this medicine is not recommended along with other antihypertensive medicines (like prazosin, hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide) may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine.Read less
- Medicines like Spironolactone, potassium supplements may increase your blood potassium level if taken along and thus they should not be used simultaneously.
- Concomitant use of Dantrolene (used to treat muscle stiffness and spasms) along with this medicine should be avoided.
- Medicines like Baclofen, aspirin, ibuprofen, amifostine, phenobarbital, colesevelam, simvastatin, antacids (aluminium magnesium hydroxide), ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection), rifampicin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), verapamil (used to treat heart problems), tacrolimus (used to increase your immune system), ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution along with Triolmesar Tablet.Read less
Interactions with food items
You should avoid consuming grapefruit or its juice while on treatment with Triolmesar Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
Triolmesar Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Triolmesar 20mg Tablet
Excess of this medicine may lead to irregular heartbeats and low blood pressure and you may experience symptoms like dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, unconsciousness, dehydration, unclear vision. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Triolmesar Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should Triolmesar Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: You have to take Triolmesar Tablet as directed by your doctor. It can be taken either with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Triolmesar Tablet?
A: No, do not stop taking Triolmesar Tablet suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of high blood pressure. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
A: You should plan a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables. Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits. You need to limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake. Exercise regularly and reduce weight. You must avoid smoking or drinking.
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 04:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved