Thiospas 4mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thiospas 4 MG Description
Thiospas capsules contain a medicine called thiocolchicoside. It's used to relieve muscle spasms that are painful.
|Uses||Painful muscle contractions in spinal pathology|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, agitation, redness of skin, nausea, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Thiocolchicoside(4.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Thiospas 4mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Thichoren 4mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 185.00₹ 157.2550.64% CHEAPER₹ 15.73/Capsule
- Miofree 4mg CapsuleBy Lupin10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 190.00₹ 163.4048.73% CHEAPER₹ 16.34/Capsule
- Myoril 4mg CapsuleBy Universal Nutriscience Private Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 263.94₹ 224.3529.59% CHEAPER₹ 22.44/Capsule
Uses of Thiospas 4 MG
- Painful muscle spasms including ones in acute spinal pathology
Contraindications of Thiospas 4 MG
- History of allergic reaction to thiocolchicoside or other contents of the medicine
- Women who can conceive and are not using contraception
Side effects of Thiospas 4 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Thiospas 4 MG
Is taking the Thiospas capsule safe during pregnancy?
Thiospas is not advised for use in pregnant women.
Is it okay to take Thiospas when I'm breastfeeding?
This medicine should be avoided in nursing mothers because thiocolchicoside is secreted into the breast milk and can harm the new-born.
Can I drive after taking the Thiospas capsule?
Do not drive if you experience side effects like drowsiness or fatigue after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Thiospas capsule?
Alcohol can enhance the effect of thiocolchicoside on central nervous system causing harmful side effects. Avoid alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are receiving treatment for other diseases
- Your pain does not subside after taking these capsules
- Your child being given this medicine is below 16 years of age
- You accidentally take more than required
- You are epileptic or are at higher risk on convulsions
- You get diarrhoea after taking Thiospas
- You have impaired kidney function, flaccid paralysis or decreased muscle tone
- You plan on getting pregnant
- You drink alcohol frequently
Mode of Action of Thiospas 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Thiocolchicoside acts as a muscle relaxant by acting on the messengers on cells at the spinal level. In animal studies, it has been shown to have pain relieving and anti-inflammatory activities.
Directions for Use of Thiospas 4 MG
- These capsules are not for children below 16 years of age
- Do not take a higher dose by yourself
- Do not take it for more than 7 days or after the prescribed period by the doctor
- It is not recommended for long term use
Interactions of Thiospas 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent alcohol consumption can enhance the effects of this medicine on the central nervous system and cause undesirable effects
Storage and disposal of Thiospas 4 MG
Store Thiospas capsules away from moisture in temperatures below 30 degree Celsius.
Dosage of Thiospas 4 MG
In the case of an overdose, talk to the doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
If you have forgotten a dose, take the next one directly. Do not take extra capsule to compensate for it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Thiospas capsules if I am above 65 years of age?
A: Please consult your doctor about the dosage and frequency if you are elderly and have been prescribed this medicine.
Q: Is this medicine safe for use?
A: It should only be used when prescribed by a doctor specifically for your condition. Do not give these capsules to others even if they have the same problems as you.
Q: Can Thiospas be used in other conditions of muscle spasms or contractions?
A: It is only indicated for acute conditions related to spinal column. Therefore, in other cases of muscle contractions, some other medication will be prescribed.
Q: Is Thiospas safe for use in men?
A: Some of the serious side effects of this medicine include aneuploidy, an abnormal number of genetic material. It may cause damage to sperm cells and indirectly affect male fertility. Therefore, it need medical supervision.
- Thiocolchicoside - amended Product information [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2022 [cited 22 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/referral/thiocolchicoside-article-31-referral-annex-iii_en.pdf
- IBUGESIC TH Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from: https://ciplamed.com/content/ibugesic-th-tablets
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed