Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
By ALCHEM PHYTOCEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thioquest Et Tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammatory conditions that affect the muscle or surrounding joints. It contains Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside as its active ingredients. This medicine works by blocking the inflammatory effects of the chemicals; the signal transmission in the brain and spinal cord and relaxes the contracted muscles. Thiocolchicoside acts as a muscle relaxant whereas, Etoricoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAIDs ). Thioquest Et Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You can take this with or without food but it will be better if you take it with meals to avoid an upset stomach....
|You Save||₹35.64 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Etoricoxib(60.0 Mg),Thiocolchicoside(4.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Stomach ache, indigestion, headache, rapid heartbeat|
Check more medicines with composition as Etoricoxib(60.0 Mg) + Thiocolchicoside(4.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
Uses of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
- Thioquest Et Tablet is used to treat pain, swelling and inflammation caused due to muscle spasm which occurs in different conditions like low back pain, muscle weakness conditions, etc.
- It is also used to treat painful and inflammatory conditions related to joint problems like osteoarthritis, gout (pain, redness of joints due to deposition of mineral crystals), ankylosing spondylitis (an inflammatory disease affecting the spine and other large joints of the body), etc....
Contraindications of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib or thiocolchicoside or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history or have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colitis, etc.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke.
- If you have high blood pressure that has not been previously controlled.
- If you're pregnant, planning to have a baby or breastfeeding.
- If you are below 16 years of age.
Side effects of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound (bronchospasm)
Precautions and Warnings of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
Can I take Thioquest Et Tablet during pregnancy?
Thioquest Et is not recommended to be used during pregnancy due to limited information available on its safety. Take this medicine only if it is considered to be essential.
Can I take Thioquest Et Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine may pass into the breastmilk and adversely affect your baby and hence you must consult your doctor before using Thioquest Et Tablet while breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Thioquest Et Tablet?
Thioquest Et Tablet can cause dizziness, spinning sensation (vertigo) or sleepiness, if you experience any of these effects, it is advised not to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Thioquest Et Tablet?
Although there are no known interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, drinking alcohol while taking Thioquest Et Tablet can worsen the side effects like dizziness and the increased risk of bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have high blood pressure. Your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You have underlying medical conditions such as liver or kidney disease.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are being treated for infection, as this medicine can mask the symptoms of infection like fever.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
Mode of Action of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. Etoricoxib belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of inflammatory chemicals because of which all the symptoms related to it improves gradually....
- The signals and chemicals released by the brain and spinal cord are responsible for muscle stiffness and pain of the muscle and joints.
- Thiocolchicoside interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasms and pain associated with it. Thus, this medicine eventually helps in restoring the movement of muscles and joints....
Directions for Use of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
- Take Thioquest Et Tablet as advised by your doctor, as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it for more time than the prescribed dose as there is a risk of heart attack and strokes if taken for an extended period in high doses.
Interactions of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Thioquest Et Tablet if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, heart and brain-related disorders, breathing problems like asthma, immunosuppressants, etc.
- Concomitant use of Thioquest Et Tablet should be avoided during hormone replacement therapy or along with birth control pills, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin, painkillers like aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anticoagulants like warfarin, water pills, antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, etc.
Storage and disposal of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
- Store Thioquest Et Tablets in the original pack in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Thioquest Et 4mg Tablet
An overdose of Thioquest Et Tablet may increase the side effects. If you think you have had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Thioquest Et Tablet be given to elderly people?
A: Thioquest Et Tablet should be used with caution in elderly people since they are at high risk of getting side effects. This medicine should be used under the doctor's supervision.
Q: Is Thioquest Et Tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes, Thioquest Et Tablet is a pain killer medicine. It is used to provide relief from the pain, associated with various inflammatory conditions of joints and muscles.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.