Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Tetan Av Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure when it exists with increased or deranged cholesterol. It contains atorvastatin and telmisartan as active ingredients. It must be taken as directe
d by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using Tetan Av Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medical history.
|You Save||₹13.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, diarrhoea|
|Therapy||ANTI-HYPERTENSIVE AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS|
Check more medicines with composition as Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tetan Av Tablet is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) when it exists with increased/deranged cholesterol.
Contraindications of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, telmisartan or other ingredients of Tetan Av Tablet.
- If you have or had any liver disease or abnormality in liver function test.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant, you may be pregnant/are planning a pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- If you have blockage of the duct that takes bile from the liver to the gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders).
- If you have diabetes or kidney disorder and you have been treated with aliskiren (a medicine used to treat high blood pressure).
Side effects of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Tetan Av Tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy as it can be unsafe during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or become pregnant, discontinue the treatment with this medicine and contact the doctor. If you are a woman of childbearing age, discuss with the physician the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby.
Can I take Tetan Av Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid while breastfeeding as it is unknown if its components pass into breast milk.
Can I drive after consuming Tetan Av Tablet?
Tetan Av Tablet may make you feel dizzy, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Tetan Av Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Tetan Av Tablet. Consuming alcohol raises your blood pressure, consult the doctor for information, about drinking habits and he may suggest what will work for you.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease or have a kidney transplant.
- You develop muscle problems after using other lipid-lowering medicine.
- You are using the medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid.
- You have difficulty in breathing, thyroid problem, diabetes or other heart-related condition.
- You suffer from narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You develop diarrhoea, vomiting, dehydration, which results in low blood pressure. Increase intake of water and fluids.
- You suffer from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
Mode of Action of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme and lowers bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and other lipids or fats in the blood. It increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
- Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body that causes the narrowing of blood vessels. It leads to an increase in blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors and causes the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Tetan Av Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it regularly for optimal results and avoid consuming it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Tetan Av Tablet works or this medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction. Inform the doctor regarding planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
- If you are using blood thinners, antibiotics, steroids, pain killers, diuretics (water pills), antacids, medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium and potassium-sparing diuretics, medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, fits, diabetes, HIV infection....
Interactions with food items
- Intake of grapefruit juice must be limited in quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Tetan Av Tablet.
- Avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli and potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tetan Av Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose are irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness. If you have taken too much of Tetan Av Tablet, contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Tetan Av Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Alok Nachane
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Tetan Av Tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea while on treatment with Tetan Av Tablet.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions must I follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, pickles and packaged foods like chips as they contain excess salt and must be avoided.
- Avoid food rich in potassium like spinach, broccoli or banana, fruits and potassium-containing supplements.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, have fresh-cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking.
Q: How to take Tetan Av Tablet?
- Take Tetan Av Tablet as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- CDSCO - Telmisartan + Atorvastatin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- rRBX-ATORVASTATIN Tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- Limiting Alcohol to Manage High Blood Pressure [Internet]. www.heart.org. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed