Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ZYDUS HEALTHCARE LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Tenglyn M Tablet is a combination of Teneligliptin and Metformin and prescribed to patinets with diabetes. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet and exercise alone are not effective.
Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose or consume it more than that prescribed. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it or are a type 1 diabetes patient. Before starting Tenglyn M Tablet, inform the doctor about your medical history & all the medicines you take.
|You Save||₹33.76 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(1.0 G) + Teneligliptin(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, indigestion, abdominal cramps, diarrhea|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(1.0 G) + Teneligliptin(20.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Tenepla M 1000mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 145.00₹ 58.0054.51% CHEAPER₹ 5.8/Tablet
Uses of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- It is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems
- If you are an alcoholic
- If you are in a state of diabetic coma due to a sudden rise or drop in blood sugar level
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus
- If you have a severe infection or you have gone through a surgery
- You have known history of pancreatitis
Side effects of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Low blood sugar level, be watchful for symptoms of low blood sugar like trembling, sweating, anxiety, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion
- Stomach pain
- Rashes, itching, allergy
- Lactic acidosis (too much acid in the body)
Precautions and Warnings of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
Generally, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral medicines. Your doctor will mostly not prescribe this medicine to you in pregnancy. Do not use this medicine in pregnancy without a doctor’s advice.
Can I take Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment. It can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
After taking this, there are chances your blood sugar can fall. You may experience faintness, confusion and increased sweating. So, it would be best if you take extra care when driving. Keep a juice or chocolate handy while driving and in case you start experiencing any of these symptoms, immediately have it.
Can I consume alcohol with Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
- Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and also increases the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing the serious side effect of pancreatitis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop this medicine and report to the hospital.
- If you have a liver or heart problem like irregular heartbeat and heart failure.
- If you are suffering from continuous diarrhoea, vomiting and loss of body fluids.
- If you have serious liver and kidney function problems.
- If you have an irregular diet, habit of excessive alcohol intake and intense exercise.
- If you have a history of any abdomen surgery.
- If you are using other medicines like Glimepiride because it can cause a drop in blood sugar level.
- If you experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty and low body temperature. It could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
Mode of Action of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Teneligliptin in this medicine works by increasing insulin secretion from the pancreas by inhibiting the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4), whereas Metformin decreases the production of glucose from the liver, the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine and increases insulin sensitivity....
Directions for Use of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Take this medicine with or after a meal to reduce its side effects
- Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage
- Take this tablet as a whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking this medicine before or at the time of injection...
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Metformin, Insulin, Canagliflozin and Liraglutide
- Medicines used to treat depression like Phenelzine
- Medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin)
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol, Propranolol and Verapamil
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking steroids, thyroxine
- Never take this medicine if you are taking medicines like Quinidine, Sotalol, Procainamide and Amiodarone as it may cause heart rhythm problems and cardiac arrest
Interactions with food items
- Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term Metformin therapy and annual screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters has been recommended
Storage and disposal of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store Tenglyn M Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Tenglyn M 1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- In case of an overdose, lactic acidosis may occur.
- Symptoms of lactic acidosis might vary from vomiting, stomach and muscle cramps, even causing difficulty in breathing in patients.
- You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of food should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
- Carry a fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food, do not shop when you are hungry
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee or deep-fried pulses
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables and vegetable curries with excess oil
Q: Can Tenglyn M Tablet make me feel sleepy?
A: No events have been reported till now. If the problem persists, get in touch with a medical professional.
Q: Should I change my diet and exercise plan?
A: Diet and exercise both impact blood sugar levels. You should keep your doctor in loop regarding your daily routine habits as these will affect your dosage.
Q: How many times should I take Tenglyn M Tablet?
A: Your dose and duration of Tenglyn M Tablet will be decided by your doctor depending upon your blood sugar levels. Do not change the doses as per your will.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed