Telma Am 40/5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telma-AM tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains telmisartan and amlodipine as its active ingredients. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It also increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart.
High blood pressure is a critical health condition that, if not treated well, can affect other organs and can impose other health conditions. Hence, taking your antihypertensive medicines on time and adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications are essential.
Telmikind AM tablet, Tazloc AM tablet, Telvas AM tablet, Stamlo T tablet and Telista AM tablet all contain the active components telmisartan and amlodipine. Telma-AM tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using Telma-AM tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Contraindications of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to amlodipine, telmisartan or any other ingredients of Telma-AM tablet.
- If you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have a liver function problem or an obstruction in the bile duct.
- If you have experienced shock recently or a heart attack or heart failure.
- If you have heart disease due to which there is an obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricles.
- If you are taking any medicines containing Aliskiren and you happen to be diabetic or have kidney failure problem.
Side effects of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Ankle swelling
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney problems or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from a kidney-related problem called renal artery stenosis (narrowing of the blood vessels of the kidneys).
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood serum reports.
- You have any heart disorders like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack, etc.
Directions for Use of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Telma AM tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Store Telma-AM tablet in a cool and dry place to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Telma AM tablet is an anti-hypertensive medication. It is prescribed to treat high blood pressure. This medication can also help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke or death in high-risk patients....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. For better blood pressure control, take it at the same time every day.
- Missing a dose of your blood pressure medication can lead to serious health problems. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- Telma AM tablet is not recommended if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking this medication, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctor. Also, inform your doctor about all your other medicines and your complete medical history....
- You should make certain lifestyle changes in addition to taking Telma AM tablet on time. Among these changes are eating a low-fat, low-salt diet, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 minutes every day, avoiding smoking and limiting alcohol consumption....
- Ankle swelling, constipation, slow heartbeats, diarrhoea and visual disturbances may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away....
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Telma AM tablet, avoiding driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness is recommended.
Dosage of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
Interactions of TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the action of Telma AM tablet, or This tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with Telma-AM tablet.
- Steroids taken via injection or infusion can interfere with the blood pressure-lowering effect of Telma-AM tablets.
- Medicines used as muscle relaxants called dantrolene, if taken along can lead to serious heart-related problems.
- Medicines used to modify immune response such as cyclosporin and tacrolimus when taken along can give you side effects of former medicine, inform your doctor.
- Other medicines like lithium used for psychiatric disorders, painkillers like ibuprofen, celecoxib and medicine used to maintain cholesterol levels like simvastatin and digoxin used for heart failure should be used cautiously....
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Telma-AM tablet on my own if I feel better?
Q: How long does it take to show its effects?
Q: Is Telma-AM tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: What should I avoid while taking Telma-AM tablet?
Q: What is Telma AM tablet used for?
Q: What is the composition of Telma-AM 40?
Q: Is there any substitute for Telma-AM 40?
Q: Can Telma AM be taken on empty stomach?
Q: Is Telma am a blood thinner?
Q: Does Telma AM reduce heart rate?
- AMLOPRES-TL Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Twynsta Tablet [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Amlodipine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Telmisartan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]